Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: flac question  (Read 2360 times)

Offline ts

• Trade Count: (81)
  • Needs to get out more...
flac question
« on: May 16, 2005, 08:01:13 AM »
I'm selecting "align on sector boundries" and I keep getting this in "info": sector alignmnet causing 400 samples to be carried over. Is that normal? I'm finally trying to seed one of my shows and I'm having difficulty getting past step 1. :-[

Offline eric.B

• to the side qualified
  • Trade Count: (0)
Re: flac question
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2005, 08:59:21 AM »
I'm selecting "align on sector boundries" and I keep getting this in "info": sector alignmnet causing 400 samples to be carried over. Is that normal? I'm finally trying to seed one of my shows and I'm having difficulty getting past step 1. :-[

As far as I know.. you do not have to select the "align on sector boundaries" box..  maybe someone else can chime in on this..

I have just tried what you are doing and I get the same error..  try without the box checked..  encode the files, clear out the .wav files, drop in the new "flac" files, and hit "test"..   this will tell you if you are "encoding" correctly..

I hope this helps!

We have a system that increasingly taxes work and subsidizes nonwork.  ~Milton Friedman

Offline fozzy

• Trade Count: (2)
  • move along, nothing much to see here
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2005, 09:17:42 AM »
If you are not tracking w/ CDwav or software that splits on sector boundaries you want to leave that box checked so you do not heave sector boundary errors. 

The output you are seeing is correct and everything is working properly.

MK 4V > KCY 250/5 Ig (KS 10I)  > VST62IUg > 722

Offline ts

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2005, 10:17:15 AM »
I did track in cdwave, so I guess I continue with checking that box. Next step is "fingerprint". Is that done after the flac's are created or at the same time? Then check naming standards, then open in torrentspy. Holy shit! I might can this idea.

Offline greenone

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Russian mics... strong like bull...
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2005, 10:33:54 AM »
Fingerprint after the FLACs are created and named properly. :)
Unofficial Blues Traveler archivist - glad to work on any BT or related recordings
archive.org admin - happy to upload tracked material to the LMA

Offline dnsacks

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2005, 10:56:52 AM »
IMPORTANT -- if align on sector boundaries is checked in the flac frontend, it's crucial that the files opened in flac frontend are in proper track order before you flac compress 'em. 

An easy way to do this (thanks to a tip from a fellow ts.com member) is to select the LAST file in the list first and the first file in the list last.

If the files are out of order, then the music carried over from one file to the next to fix sector boundary issues will be carried over out of order (which wouldn't be good)

Offline ts

« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2005, 11:18:08 AM »
Yikes! Thanks Mr. Sacks. Would have screwed this up good. Anyway, now I'm stuck on the part where you "seed the torrent". I opened the torrent, but can't figure out how to navigate to it to start the process. This part: Navigate to the fileset associated with this torrent. (Similar to restarting a incomplete BT download.) Yea, I know, I'm an idiot, but I don't want to fuck this up. It is my first time.

Offline heath

• Laugh it up, Fuzzball...
  • Trade Count: (4)
  • I'm score!!!!!!
    • The Upstream Mend
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2005, 12:09:43 PM »
IMPORTANT -- if align on sector boundaries is checked in the flac frontend, it's crucial that the files opened in flac frontend are in proper track order before you flac compress 'em. 

An easy way to do this (thanks to a tip from a fellow ts.com member) is to select the LAST file in the list first and the first file in the list last.

If the files are out of order, then the music carried over from one file to the next to fix sector boundary issues will be carried over out of order (which wouldn't be good)

holy crap.  i never thought about that.  +t
And the Sultans... yeah the Sultans play creole

The Upstream Mend

Offline mmmatt

• taping > photography
  • Trade Count: (3)
  • ... A broken angel sings from a guitar
    • LightCraft Photography
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2005, 03:11:48 PM »

holy crap.  i never thought about that.  +t
also make sure you don't mix set 1 and set 2 in the same flac batch.  Open a 2nd window for set 2.  By the same token, if you have one long set that is 2 cd's you should leave all the files together in one flac window.  If you don't do these two things you may get random pops on your wav files from the null samples getting caried over. 
     I usually cut my files before trimming the 1st and last waves so I can save my cue sheets along with my original wav.  Regardless of the abilities of your tracking software if you do any modifications to the files after, you should leave it checked.

Matt
I do think taping is the reality of the business..it is also an impetus for artists to create studio CDs that are ART, not just another recording...    Fareed Haque  2-4-2005

Canon 24-70 f2.8L, Canon 135 f2L, Canon 70-200 f4L, Canon 50 f1.8, > Canon 5D or Canon xt (digi) and Canon 1N (film)

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.072 seconds with 34 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com