Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: new dvd burner installation woes  (Read 2811 times)

tapinfool

• Trade Count: (0)
new dvd burner installation woes
« on: December 30, 2005, 11:30:27 AM »
hey all,

got a new dvd burner. trying to install it to my hp

the installation instructions told me to move the jumper on the new dvd drive to master and the old cd drive to slave.

did that...then hooked them up to the ide cable and pluged in 4prong power cable...the computer won't recognize the drives...either

one. switched everything back to the way it was...still no cd drive...doesn't come up in setup either...like they are not there...

tried just one at a time nothing...like i don't have a cd/dvd drive at all now...wtf did i do wrong?

any help?!? suggestions...really goin' nutz here!!!

tapinfool

Re: new dvd burner installation woes
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2005, 11:58:18 AM »
AGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!

none of my drives work...won't autorun...hell, won't play any discs at all...won't even recognize that discs are in the drive

ARRRGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!

pleassseeee help eddie!!!!  or anyone

Offline hzgone

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2005, 03:08:02 PM »
go into the bios and check what the drives are set for.  Usually f1 or del to get in there.  Try setting them for auto detect. 
http://db.etree.org/hzgone
http://dead.no-ip.info

AKG 391's>MiAGi-II Silver Cables>V3>VX Pocket V2>Fujitsu 2110

on hiatus, semi retired, injured reserve, got hitched, had 2 kids, broke as hell, & my life is over patcher stage of life...

kskreider

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2005, 03:25:18 PM »
also make sure that you didn't disconnect your IDE cable from you mobo.  Sometimes the lightest tug and it wont see anything on the string.

Offline bdasilva

• Trade Count: (12)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • Use to be a Fishhead
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2005, 05:57:11 PM »
or at least make sure there is only one Master and one slave per cable... The instructions should have said to set the jumper at the same location as the on you took out.
Cad E300S set.. AT822  AKG C 414 B-XLS/ST  
Dorsey-Mod MK-012 w/ O, C, H and RED L/D Caps
Superlux S502 ORTF   LSD2
Silverpath  Cables> 
Tascam DR-680MKii    DR- 680 (X2)   Tascam DR-40     Sound Devices USBPre    SONY  PMD-M10   Zoom F8

"Buy a Taper a Drink... Prime the Pumps of live Music"

On the "music" side of the "Music Business"

tapinfool

« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2006, 01:08:27 PM »
ok

i have tried to set the jumpers in ALL possible configurations...the original drive was set to "cs"...was supposed to set new drive to master

old drive to slave...did that...no go....then tried all configs...literally...all of the possible ways to set the jumpers

i have triple checked to make sure ALL cables are plugged in COMPLETELY

i now can get a dvd to play but can't get new programs to open..none of my other drives will open the programs either.

i mean; i'm trying to install nero dvd program...can't do it   no autorun...can't open the file. won't work on any program...

i can burn cd's on my external drive...play dvd's....still can't open programs tho

this SUCKS!!!!

kskreider

« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2006, 01:37:38 PM »
ok

i have tried to set the jumpers in ALL possible configurations...the original drive was set to "cs"...was supposed to set new drive to master

old drive to slave...did that...no go....then tried all configs...literally...all of the possible ways to set the jumpers

i now can get a dvd to play but can't get new programs to open..none of my other drives will open the programs either.

i mean; i'm trying to install nero dvd program...can't do it   no autorun...can't open the file. won't work on any program...

i can burn cd's on my external drive...play dvd's....still can't open programs tho

this SUCKS!!!!

OK, then force ASPI layer and see if that helps.

tapinfool

« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2006, 06:45:47 PM »
ok

this SUCKS!!!!

OK, then force ASPI layer and see if that helps.

how do i do that??

what is the ASPI layer?

thanx for the help thus far peeps!!!

kskreider

« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2006, 06:57:23 PM »

how do i do that??

what is the ASPI layer?

What is ASPI?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ASPI

Look at links on that page for the white papers and for directions on forcing ASPI. 

Your ASPI it really just a guess, btw.  Also, you never mentioned which OS you are using.  You should probably make sure that you have all of the updates to your OS.

tapinfool

« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2006, 07:42:28 PM »

how do i do that??

what is the ASPI layer?

What is ASPI?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ASPI

Look at links on that page for the white papers and for directions on forcing ASPI. 

Your ASPI it really just a guess, btw.  Also, you never mentioned which OS you are using.  You should probably make sure that you have all of the updates to your OS.

windows xp home...i automatically update every day at 3am ;D

will try anything at this point...HATE to pay to get puter fixed :'(

thanx again

tapinfool

« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2006, 08:04:42 PM »
did the forcing the aspi

says "aspi is properly installed. but one of the helper drivers has failed to initalize (0xE3)"

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.073 seconds with 36 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com