Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: question  (Read 2786 times)

Offline saxophoner

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Member
question
« on: January 25, 2007, 01:25:30 PM »
just clearing something up.  when im saving stuff as flaci encode the master as flac.  then i track out the encoded file, or do i track the file and then encode each file seperately?
basically i have 1.2gb wav file.  i tracked that wav out and then encoded them flac track by track.  is there a more efficient way do this?  i figured encoding the master file as a flac and going and tracking out the flac file would be easier.  this is the second time i've tracked out a large recording encoding in flac, the other one i just kept as .wav and saved each track as a .wav

thanks
microphones > a/d pre > recorder
Travis from Wisconsin

Offline Jhurlbs81

• Trade Count: (20)
  • Needs to get out more...
    • My LMA collection
Re: question
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2007, 01:38:46 PM »
There are a couple ways of doing this which will be much easier on you.  First of all, are you using CDWav to track your wav file?  If not, def download this freeware. Before opening the file in CDWav, save your file using the format of the desired final name.  i.e- phish2004-01-01d1t.  By saving the file this way, CDWav will automatically name all of your files correctly.  It just adds 01, 02, 03, etc after the "t" of the file name mentioned above.  When you are done splitting the tracks, click save.  You will have the option of choosing your output file type.  Here you could set it to FLAC, and it will save all your tracked wavs as tracked FLACs.  I myself first save them as wavs, then convert to flac by dropping all the tracked wavs into the Flac Frontend.  This way I have wavs to burn to disc, and FLACs for uploading to LMA, BT, etc. 

Let me know if this makes sense, but yeah, there is a much easier way of doing this. :)

Jesse
FREE JERRYFREAK!

Offline Brian Skalinder

• Complaint Dept.
  • Trade Count: (28)
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2007, 01:55:27 PM »
First of all, are you using CDWav to track your wav file?  If not, def download this freeware.

It's not freeware.  It's shareware.  Which means if one demos it, likes it, and continues to use it, one's supposed to register and pay a whopping $15.  A small price to pay, considering how frequently so many tapers use this software.  But based on the number of Oink invites I've seen floating around TS, I'm guessing few tapers actually register.
Milab VM-44 Links > Fostex FR-2LE or
Naiant IPA (tinybox format) > Roland R-05

Offline saxophoner

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2007, 02:02:56 PM »
i use audacity for tracking and xACT for encoding.  need a mac prgm is cdwav mac?
Travis from Wisconsin

Offline wbrisette

• Trade Count: (2)
    • Homepage
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2007, 02:57:23 PM »
need a mac prgm is cdwav mac?

No it isn't. You can check out this thread for options for you:

http://taperssection.com/index.php/topic,62294.0.html

The more I use Wave Editor, the more I am really liking it (but it's not free ... or cheap). It has a few quirks, but then what music application doesn't?

For an inexpensive editor (other than the free Audacity), check out Sound Studio.

Wayne
Mics: Earthworks SR-77 (MP), QTC-1 (MP)

Editing: QSC RMX2450, MOTU 2408 MK3, Earthworks Sigma 6.2

Offline saxophoner

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2007, 03:04:07 PM »
For an inexpensive editor (other than the free Audacity), check out Sound Studio.

Wayne

is ss better than audacity.  i had it on my machine when i bought it but since reinstalling the os and clearing the harddrive.  liked it at the time, seemed alot cleaner than audacity although i don't know the pros and cons of either program. 
Travis from Wisconsin

dorrcoq

« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2007, 03:24:50 PM »
. Before opening the file in CDWav, save your file using the format of the desired final name.  i.e- phish2004-01-01d1t.  By saving the file this way, CDWav will automatically name all of your files correctly.  It just adds 01, 02, 03, etc after the "t" of the file name mentioned above.

Jesse

Excellent tip, and one I never thought of.  +T

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.042 seconds with 31 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com