Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Audio DVD Creator gapless?????  (Read 2545 times)

Offline ts

• Trade Count: (81)
  • Needs to get out more...
Audio DVD Creator gapless?????
« on: March 14, 2007, 06:18:41 PM »
Where in this program can you select gapless? I'm about ready to give up and go for discwelder. On one PC with ADC I never had a gapless problem. Now on another PC all of a sudden I do >:D

Offline rustoleum

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • AKG 481s->MiaGi IIs->MiniMe->MTII
Re: Audio DVD Creator gapless?????
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2007, 04:02:52 PM »
I recall a thread where it was indicated that the issue is with your burner or the playback system the DVD is played in... Although I haven't used Audio DVD Creator in a while, I never had problems with gaps in any of the 24bit shows I burned and I don't recall needing to do anything special.  You might try a search and see if the thread I'm thinking of is here.

Offline aval57

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2007, 09:49:15 AM »
As I recall, on close inspection of Audio DVD Creator's output (over a year ago, to be fair, in the process of writing my own app Lplex, which is truly gapless & lossless) it appeared that Audio DVD Creator actually snips off the tail-end of each input file so as to align the audio data to the preceding audio frame on the dvd, then starts the next track at the beginning of the following video frame, so that not only was there usually a tiny data loss but also a playback gap if the relevant audio and video frames didn't happen to coincide perfectly.  The gap duration is at most just under one video frame (NTSC = 0.033 and PAL = 0.04 seconds), so it's likely not always apparent to the listener.  If the gaps seem longer, then it may have to do with your player and not Audio DVD Creator.

EDIT: The above applies to dvd-v compliant audio. If you're using CD-Audio as input the gaps may be an upsampling artifact.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2007, 07:29:20 AM by aval57 »

Offline ts

• Trade Count: (81)
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2007, 07:45:16 AM »
Thanks. I never got it resolved. Switched to Discwelder Bronze and could'nt be happier. It almost sounds better to, although I realize that can't be possible :hmmm:

Offline plucks

• 1pt21Gigawatts!
  • Maybe the grass is greener on the other side
    • 1pt21gw.blogspot.com
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2007, 11:37:23 PM »
AVAL57:  that link to your program is not working

I too am having trouble with the audiofile program creating gapless ISOs for burning. 

Any other options??

"Then you have those who are completely loyal to Trey. Of course, they are the Republicans. Trey can play horribly, make mistakes, probably lie to the audience yet his backers will not waiver in their staunch support of him." | You may ask your self, how do you get a free bottle of champagne at dinner?  "Guest on Guest Violence"
1pt21gw.blogspot.com | vimeo HD videos! | the new Signal Path

Dirty Business down on Coal Creek

Offline scb

• Eli Manning should die of gonorrhea and rot in hell. Would you like a cookie, son?
  • Trade Count: (11)
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2007, 11:40:20 PM »

I too am having trouble with the audiofile program creating gapless ISOs for burning. 

you mean my app?  if so, what problem?

Offline aval57

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2007, 07:37:12 AM »

Fixed now. thanks. For other options see Jason Sobel's faq.

Offline plucks

• 1pt21Gigawatts!
  • Maybe the grass is greener on the other side
    • 1pt21gw.blogspot.com
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2007, 08:31:13 PM »

Fixed now. thanks. For other options see Jason Sobel's faq.

awesome

LpLex worked like charm!
no problems with the playback

I do like the features & functions more on the audiophile program, but i have to go for the gapless for now

thank you both
"Then you have those who are completely loyal to Trey. Of course, they are the Republicans. Trey can play horribly, make mistakes, probably lie to the audience yet his backers will not waiver in their staunch support of him." | You may ask your self, how do you get a free bottle of champagne at dinner?  "Guest on Guest Violence"
1pt21gw.blogspot.com | vimeo HD videos! | the new Signal Path

Dirty Business down on Coal Creek

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.056 seconds with 36 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com