Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Wavelab (4.0): how to pan/balance stereo channels (in a montage)?  (Read 2171 times)

Offline poorlyconditioned

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • I'm a tapir!
I'm using Wavelab (4.0) to do a matrix.  I've got SBD and AUD lined up in a "montage".

I want to pan each stereo pair in the montage.  The levels are a few dB off, either too far right or left.

I tried the "toolsone" plugin but I can't figure out how to detach the two channels.

Thanks for any help,
  Richard
Mics: Sennheiser MKE2002 (dummy head), Studio Projects C4, AT825 (unmodded), AT822 franken mic (x2), AT853(hc,c,sc,o), Senn. MKE2, Senn MKE40, Shure MX183/5, CA Cards, homebrew Panasonic and Transsound capsules.
Pre/ADC: Presonus Firepod & Firebox, DMIC20(x2), UA5(poorly-modded, AD8620+AD8512opamps), VX440
Recorders: Edirol R4, R09, IBM X24 laptop, NJB3(x2), HiMD(x2), MD(1).
** This individual has moved to user "illconditioned" **

stirinthesauce

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Wavelab (4.0): how to pan/balance stereo channels (in a montage)?
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2007, 09:47:45 AM »
I don't have wavelab on my lappy, so I can't tell you the exact process, however I think I can explain from memory. 

First, open a new project, split to mono.  First with one source, then the other.  Probably under the process tab, not sure though.  Then, import each individual track into montage under mono import option in montage.  You can pan mono sources, but not stereo sources.  Make sense?  Then when you have it all panned correctly and mixed to your liking, render it to stereo. 

Hope this helps.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.054 seconds with 27 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com