Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: mini disc-just switched to Hi-MD discs(PCM)& Sonic Stage "can't read" 2 transfer  (Read 1674 times)

Offline time is watchin the show

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
Hi, I'm pretty much a newbie and I use a mini-disc recorder - I just learned about Hi-MD discs (PCM mode) & switched over to these last night.

In the past I have used Sonic Stage to transfer the file to my hard drive. With these new discs the transfer begins to work but after a little while gives an error message that says "can't read data".

I can make an analog burn to my cd recorder, but [question 1] will this will result in some loss of quality? Also, I would, of course, prefer the speed of the digital transfer.

[question 2] Do I need a different program besides Sonic Stage in order to digitally transfer a PCM recording?

Thanks, in advance, for any time anyone can spend to help me with this query.

-KOT

[Incidently, if anyone is interested - my recording last night was of "Richard Cranium & the Phoreheads" (Turtle VanDeMaar, Jimmy Boyer & Dave Reisch of the Freak Mountain Ramblers, plus others) at The Laurelthirst Public House in Portland, OR]
« Last Edit: August 21, 2007, 12:30:11 AM by Keep On Trackin' »

Offline boojum

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Needs to get out more...
An FMR fan can't be all bad.  Was Mark there taping?? 

OK, SonicStage should do the deal.  I just hook up the cable into the RH1 and the other end into the USB port in the computer, fire up SS, click on the files to be xferred and away it goes.  Are you getting an error code??  Have you connected the cable between the RH1 and your PC?  Does SS show the file(s) on your RH1?  Was the show good.?  Turtle is a great picker.  Church on Sundays is always good.  I have a bunch of their shows I recorded with the RH1.  FMR is always good.  I usually give Lex a copy of the recording the next time I am in Church.  Just a courtesy.

You might also be wise to browse minidisc.org for more complete support of the format.

Cheers
« Last Edit: August 18, 2007, 06:17:28 PM by boojum »
Nov schmoz kapop.

Offline time is watchin the show

• Taperssection Newbie
Boojum,

Sorry it took me so long to reply. I saw Mark at the Rounders reunion show at The Grand Lodge on Saturday. We were next to his mic so we didn't catch up, but I believe he took a new job and is now living on the coast in Florence.

Sonic Stage shows the files and the cable is connected, but midway thru the transfer I get an error message of "Failed to Read the Data". Thankfully, my roommate has SS on his computer and it is working for me to transfer onto his drive, so that's what I'll do for now.

Have you been recording the Freaks recently? I am thinking we may have met before. I have been seeing them for a while. The Richard Cranium show was very good, particularly the 1st & 2nd Set.

Thanks for taking the time to help.

-TIWTS aka Jim
« Last Edit: August 26, 2007, 06:54:17 PM by time is watchin the show »

Offline dunebug81

what version on SS are you using?

it sounds like you have a bad/dirty disc.  try just playing the disc in sonic stage and see if it will play all the way through.  if it will you can use a program called total recorder that will record anything that is being played through your soundcard.  its a pretty slick little program and when i run across a disc that doesnt want to upload for me i use it. 
Greg
www.enemyzero.com/greg/
aim: dunebug81

Offline boojum

• Trade Count: (1)
Good idea to see if it will play through.  foobar will also record input and is free.  SS 4.2 seems to be the way to go unless you are using Vista.

I will get a message off to you at you e-mail.

Cheers
Nov schmoz kapop.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.078 seconds with 30 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com