Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: iRiver H120 battery on Ebay?  (Read 9841 times)

Offline paxhell

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Newbie
iRiver H120 battery on Ebay?
« on: May 23, 2007, 10:37:26 AM »
Hello

I wonder if anyone here have bought iRiver (H120) battery on Ebay and if they are good?

http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?from=R40&_trksid=m37&satitle=iRiver+H120&category0=

Thanks
« Last Edit: May 23, 2007, 10:54:00 AM by paxhell »

Offline cgrooves

• Taperssection Member
  • Get On the Bus -Busman Audio
Re: iRiver H120 battery on Ebay?
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2007, 12:08:57 PM »
You want one of these 2200mah for the 1st & 2nd generation iPods.  http://cgi.ebay.com/Battery-for-iPod-1G-2G-1-2-Gen-Menu-TOOLS-2200mah_W0QQitemZ150123169243QQihZ005QQcategoryZ56172QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItemJust remember to change the polarity by reversing the wires at the molex connector before installing it in your iRiver.  I've bought 2-3 of these from two different sellers (1 from Hong Kong) without any problems.  It's the best $16 you can put into your iRiver  (approx. 24hrs playback / 12hrs recording).
AUDIO:
Open:  Busman Audio BSC1-(K1/K2/K3/K4) > Fostex FR-2LE (Busman T Mod) 

Unopen:  AudioReality Omni Mics (Panasonic capsules)> AudioReality Battery Box (depending on SPL's) > iRiver H140 w/ Rockbox

VISUAL:
Canon 7D, Canon 50mm/1.8, Canon 85mm/1.8, Tamron 17-50mm/2.8, Tamron 70-200mm/2.8

Offline Gawain

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2007, 12:11:50 PM »
I've got several batteries from these guys: http://stores.ebay.com/LicketySplitAuctions and I couldn't be happier: fast service and great batteries at good price (if you get the ones markes as "ipod 1st/2nd gen" you must reverse wires at the molex; if buying the ones marked as "Replacement for iRiver" I think the wires are already in the correct way)

Offline paxhell

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2007, 12:29:36 PM »
Ok, thanks for the help :)

Offline paxhell

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2007, 02:24:04 PM »
My battery to the iRiver seems to discharge even when I dont use the iRiver, not sure what to do? Is the whole iRiver broken or is only the battery?
« Last Edit: May 23, 2007, 02:27:19 PM by paxhell »

Offline cgrooves

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2007, 02:52:09 PM »
My battery to the iRiver seems to discharge even when I dont use the iRiver, not sure what to do? Is the whole iRiver broken or is only the battery?

I believe it is just an old battery.  I had an h120 that would discharge if it wasn't used.  I could charge it up and the unit would work fine.  Get one of the 2200mah batteries and it will have new life.
AUDIO:

Unopen:  AudioReality Omni Mics (Panasonic capsules)> AudioReality Battery Box (depending on SPL's) > iRiver H140 w/ Rockbox

VISUAL:
Canon 7D, Canon 50mm/1.8, Canon 85mm/1.8, Tamron 17-50mm/2.8, Tamron 70-200mm/2.8

Offline Gawain

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2007, 02:59:01 PM »
try first replacing the battery and see if it works, money is not too much to give it a try.

I have an h320 with the same problem and after try with different batteries the problem is still there, battery drains so fast even when it is off, which seems to be a failure in the charging circuit as far as I've read in forums. I really hope you have not the same problem!!

Offline paxhell

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2007, 03:31:37 PM »
try first replacing the battery and see if it works, money is not too much to give it a try.

I have an h320 with the same problem and after try with different batteries the problem is still there, battery drains so fast even when it is off, which seems to be a failure in the charging circuit as far as I've read in forums. I really hope you have not the same problem!!

I hope its not the same problem, I bought it on Ebay (Roadpal) and have had it for only a week....I have ordered a new battery now.

Thanks
« Last Edit: May 23, 2007, 03:34:56 PM by paxhell »

Offline cgrooves

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2007, 03:58:06 PM »
I hope its not the same problem, I bought it on Ebay (Roadpal) and have had it for only a week....I have ordered a new battery now.

Thanks

Those units are all refurbished, and there have been numerous reports that the batteries are old and very tired in them (they apparently do not install new batteries during the refurbishment process).  Hopefully the new battery will take care of your problem. 
AUDIO:

VISUAL:

Offline Carrera2

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2007, 08:40:44 PM »

Thanks

I bought an H320 refurbished from Roadpal that has died.  At least on that unit he has a 90-day warranty and will repair or replace the unit.  Even offered to refund shipping charges for the cost back to him.

edit: Also, are you sure your unit is off?  May sound silly, but I have had mine discharge overnight. The backlight had been dark, but the unit was still powered up, so it drained. 
« Last Edit: May 23, 2007, 08:43:44 PM by Carrera2 »

Offline Gawain

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2007, 05:20:12 AM »
edit: Also, are you sure your unit is off?  May sound silly, but I have had mine discharge overnight. The backlight had been dark, but the unit was still powered up, so it drained.
is there a way the unit remains powered up when you think it is off? if you press the stop button the unit goes off, right? maybe a malfunction in that button can cause it doesn't go off? it could explain why mine has the same behaviour even with 3 different batteries (new and old ones)

Offline cgrooves

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2007, 11:04:29 AM »
is there a way the unit remains powered up when you think it is off? if you press the stop button the unit goes off, right? maybe a malfunction in that button can cause it doesn't go off? it could explain why mine has the same behaviour even with 3 different batteries (new and old ones)

I think Carrera2 is saying to make sure that your settings are so that the text is black and the screen is lit up.  You can reverse this setting so that the screen is black and the text is lit up.

Edit:  Holding the stop button should shut the unit down, however, regardless of that setting.
AUDIO:

VISUAL:

Offline Gawain

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2007, 11:44:07 AM »
I think Carrera2 is saying to make sure that your settings are so that the text is black and the screen is lit up.  You can reverse this setting so that the screen is black and the text is lit up.
yeah, maybe he meant that :) anyway I always use the standard "white screen-black text" way, don't feel confortable with the reverse setting.

Edit:  Holding the stop button should shut the unit down, however, regardless of that setting.
I said that because maybe some other user could have such problem (weird but possible, I guess)...I'm really tired of have a perfectly operating unit but can't use it because this problem :(

Thanks cgrooves, always so helpful with irivers :) (do you maybe have a spare front cover for h120?? ;))

Offline cgrooves

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2007, 01:31:10 PM »
(do you maybe have a spare front cover for h120?? ;))

Not at the moment, sorry.
AUDIO:

VISUAL:

Offline paxhell

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2007, 03:41:15 AM »
Ok, so now I have a new battery but the problem seems to remain, the battery lose ~ 2% capacity every hour (according to rockbox), its better than the old battery but Its still annoying.  >:(

When I check system/Rockbox Info it says, Battery: 55% 2h 10m, does it mean I have used the iRiver for 2 hours and 10 minutes and 55% left from the battery?
« Last Edit: June 02, 2007, 04:39:56 AM by paxhell »

Offline Gawain

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2007, 05:22:17 AM »
Ok, so now I have a new battery but the problem seems to remain, the battery lose ~ 2% capacity every hour (according to rockbox), its better than the old battery but Its still annoying.  >:(
seems the same problem I have :( hope someone can give us a solution!

When I check system/Rockbox Info it says, Battery: 55% 2h 10m, does it mean I have used the iRiver for 2 hours and 10 minutes and 55% left from the battery?
those 2 h 10 m is the remaining time you have, what you can get out of the battery till is discharged. And 55% is the same, the remaining battery (it goes down from 100%=full to 0%=discharged)

Offline bugg100

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2007, 05:40:46 AM »
I would look at capacity under the setup, then after a FULL charge, set the plugin batterybench on and let her go.  Recharge and copy the txt file off the drive.  Don't guess about this problem if you don't have to.

Joe

Offline paxhell

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2007, 12:30:11 PM »
I just want to show you what happend to the new battery I bought, it swelled up to an balloon  :o I noticed a black spot on the display and the HD didnt worked anymore (because of the pressure from the battery). So I opened the chassi and saw what had happend with the battery...here is a picture, the first one is the original battery and the second one the Hong Kong battery  ;D

Nice, ehm?

everything works fine with the original battery though  :)

Offline h4nk3f4n

• Taperssection Regular
  • We Spozed Ta Be Tite!
    • My Page
« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2007, 09:10:49 PM »
Man,

I have to buy one of these batteries soon for my H320 and I'm sure glad I saw this thread before I went and got one.  I'm also very glad that thing didn't blow up and burn your house down.  Those Li-po's can be very dangerous, ever see those vids of laptop batteries exploding?  I know some guys who fly park flier hobby planes that use a metal can for them while they are on the charger.  I don't know exactly what caused that battery to swell like that but its sure not a good idea to ever plug it up again, I'm not even sure I would have it in my house.

+t for your troubles man!

Hopefully someone around here can give us a clue as to what happened here.

h4nk3f4n
« Last Edit: June 27, 2007, 09:22:36 PM by h4nk3f4n »
CA stc-11 cards > CA 9100 > Edirol R-09

Offline MusicTech

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #19 on: October 06, 2008, 02:25:31 PM »
I just want to show you what happend to the new battery I bought, it swelled up to an balloon  :o I noticed a black spot on the display and the HD didnt worked anymore (because of the pressure from the battery). So I opened the chassi and saw what had happend with the battery...here is a picture, the first one is the original battery and the second one the Hong Kong battery  ;D

Nice, ehm?

[photo removed]

everything works fine with the original battery though  :)

From which vendor did you purchase. I have an H320 that I got from roadpal on ebay that works fine, and another from a member here that seemed to have a dead battery. I replaced the battery with one from ecapacity on ebay and installed it, but it drains very quickly as has been reported here and on other forums.

From whom did you buy the ballooning battery on ebay? Was it the licketysplit vendor?

For the record, ecapacity would not return my email or webmail attempts to contact them.

Offline SmokinJoe

• Trade Count: (63)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • "75 and sunny"... life is so much simpler.
    • uploads to archive.org
« Reply #20 on: October 07, 2008, 07:39:52 AM »
Stupid question... or at least I think I should be able to figure it out.  :-[  I'm guessing there is a trick.

How do you unplug the old battery and plug in the new one.  It looks like it has to unclip and slide toward the end of the motherboard but the charge thing is in the way.  Just force it a little?
Mics: Schoeps MK4 & CMC5's / Gefell M200's & M210's / ADK-TL / DPA4061's
Pres: V3 / ST9100
Decks: Oade Concert Mod R4Pro / R09 / R05
Photo: Nikon D700's, 2.8 Zooms, and Zeiss primes
Playback: Raspberry Pi > Modi2 Uber > Magni2 > HD650

Offline cgrooves

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #21 on: October 07, 2008, 11:19:10 AM »
Stupid question... or at least I think I should be able to figure it out.  :-[  I'm guessing there is a trick.

How do you unplug the old battery and plug in the new one.  It looks like it has to unclip and slide toward the end of the motherboard but the charge thing is in the way.  Just force it a little?

It is a bitch, Joe.
Try pulling up and back on the molex connector at the same time.  When plugging up the new battery, some folks shave a little plastic from the molex connector to make it a little easier task.
AUDIO:

VISUAL:

Offline rdflash

• I am the Mike Jordan of Recordin'
« Reply #22 on: October 07, 2008, 11:34:37 AM »

It is a bitch, Joe.
Try pulling up and back on the molex connector at the same time.  When plugging up the new battery, some folks shave a little plastic from the molex connector to make it a little easier task.

I have documented my troubles with battery replacement, after buying a bunch of them just b/c I kept damaging the molex connector - I got smart lol

I ripped off the tops of molex connector, and plugged it in, then just slide in the wires so they locked on the pins.

Has been flawless for half a year.  Wish I would have done it earlier and I just did it b/c i was utterly frustrated with the whole thing haha
Ted Kennedy has killed more people with his car, than I have with a gun.

Offline SmokinJoe

• Trade Count: (63)
  • "75 and sunny"... life is so much simpler.
    • uploads to archive.org
« Reply #23 on: October 07, 2008, 12:05:29 PM »
+T to both of you.  I have an iHP-120 I use as an mp3 player, and the battery is very tired, but I've been procrastinating changing it.  Now I'll give it a try.
Mics: Schoeps MK4 & CMC5's / Gefell M200's & M210's / ADK-TL / DPA4061's
Pres: V3 / ST9100
Decks: Oade Concert Mod R4Pro / R09 / R05
Photo: Nikon D700's, 2.8 Zooms, and Zeiss primes
Playback: Raspberry Pi > Modi2 Uber > Magni2 > HD650

Offline rdflash

• I am the Mike Jordan of Recordin'
« Reply #24 on: October 07, 2008, 12:21:46 PM »
+T to both of you.  I have an iHP-120 I use as an mp3 player, and the battery is very tired, but I've been procrastinating changing it.  Now I'll give it a try.

Try doing it the right way first, then if all fails do it my way.

That is what I did, I was sick of ordering so many batteries only to muck it up! lol
Ted Kennedy has killed more people with his car, than I have with a gun.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.122 seconds with 53 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com