Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: anyone else using MM-CBM-1 batt box?  (Read 2526 times)

Offline jagraham

• Trade Count: (20)
  • Needs to get out more...
anyone else using MM-CBM-1 batt box?
« on: April 16, 2012, 12:18:07 PM »
http://store.microphonemadness.com/mmclasbatfil.html

anyone else on TS using one of these?  i never seem to see them in anyone's lineages.  got one used in the YS a while back and have had some good results but have had some issues...

I've heard people recommend both Mic In and Line In in general with a battery box like this.  The link above states "For soft to moderately loud recordings use your mic input! Moderate to very loud sounds use your line input!"  Usually shows I attend are moderate and I use Line In but there are a couple mishaps that happened.  At a metal show I ran CA-14 Omnis > MM-CBM-1 > DR-07 and the bass came out way loud, still trying to get a good HPF setting on that one.  Perhaps it was the omnis with the loud volume of the music?  On another occasion, I taped a somewhat quiet bluegrass show in an auditorium with CA-CAFS(~21 cm) > MM-CBM-1 > DR-05, I ran line in and there was what sounded similar to preamp noise on the recording.  I was able to fix it with Audacity noise removal but would rather pull a clean tape to begin with.  Since those situations involved omnis, is there something weird with running this type or this particular box with omni mics?  What's really bad is at the bluegrass show I also ran with DR-07 internals and CA-14 Cards > STC-9000 > DR-03 and the internals were the only sources to NOT have some type of unwanted hiss/noise.  Seems like it's usually the opposite.
Mics: Nak CM-300s, Nak CM-100s, CP-1s, CP-2s, AT-853s(Cards, Hypers, Omnis) CA-14s(Cards, Omnis)
Pres: CA STC-9200, CA-UBB
Recorders: Tascam DR-70D, DR-2D, Edirol R-09

ISO: 1 Teac ME-120, CP-3 Caps, AT-853 Subcard Caps

Offline jagraham

• Trade Count: (20)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: anyone else using MM-CBM-1 batt box?
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2012, 09:51:02 AM »
^ I'd like to add that if you fiddle with the input from your mics on this at all, there will be diginoise on the recording.
Mics: Nak CM-300s, Nak CM-100s, CP-1s, CP-2s, AT-853s(Cards, Hypers, Omnis) CA-14s(Cards, Omnis)
Pres: CA STC-9200, CA-UBB
Recorders: Tascam DR-70D, DR-2D, Edirol R-09

ISO: 1 Teac ME-120, CP-3 Caps, AT-853 Subcard Caps

Offline jbou

• Trade Count: (15)
  • Taperssection Member
Re: anyone else using MM-CBM-1 batt box?
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2012, 01:51:48 PM »
^ I'd like to add that if you fiddle with the input from your mics on this at all, there will be diginoise on the recording.

Are you saying when you fiddle with where the mics plug into the batt box?

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.057 seconds with 28 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com