Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Burning Audio onto DVD-R?  (Read 2331 times)

Offline baustin

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Needs to get out more...
Burning Audio onto DVD-R?
« on: April 21, 2004, 01:03:57 PM »
Good Morning Everybody!

I bought a DVD burner for my computer about a week ago and so far have been very happy with it. I'm running a Lite-On LDW 811S on a Win 98SE, PIII 450, 256MB box with no problems yet.

I'm wondering if it is possible to burn Audio to a DVD-R for playback on my DVD player. I've been burning with Nero and my initial thoughts have been to drop .wav files into the Audio_TS folder instead of video files into the Video_TS when burning a DVD. Probably incorrect thought.

Obviously I'd like to be able to burn an entire show (or shows) onto one disc for continuous listening.

My other question is, if burning audio to DVD is possible, has anybody tried burning straight from FLAC to DVD using Nero?

Thanx!
-Bryan

Online Craig T

• Trade Count: (10)
    • LMA
Re:Burning Audio onto DVD-R?
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2004, 01:13:30 PM »
Yes, it is possible.  2 different ways:

1) DVD-Audio... see the thread below regarding DiscWelder Bronze.  You'll need a DVD player that supports DVD-A.  Even the cheap <$200 players sold over the last 9 months typically support DVD-A.  I have Bronze and can't get it to burn even though I have a "supported" DVD burner.

2) DVD-Video... just use a simple still pic for the required video and add your .wav audio tracks.  This can be played on any DVD-R compatible DVD player, no need for DVD-A.  I've never had any luck doing this with the software I have.
Schoeps cmc6/4v / Line Audio CM3, OM1 / ADK A51 / Church Audio CA-14
Naiant Tinybox v2.2 / NBox(P) / Church Audio ST9200 / CA-UGLY
Sony PCM-M10 / Tascam DR-70D / Zoom F3 / Zoom F6

radioboy1977

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2004, 01:36:20 PM »
2) DVD-Video... just use a simple still pic for the required video and add your .wav audio tracks.  This can be played on any DVD-R compatible DVD player, no need for DVD-A.  I've never had any luck doing this with the software I have.

i've done this successfully with sonic foundry DVD architect.  i don't think it's possible to do the same with nero.

Offline Sean Gallemore

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2004, 02:34:10 AM »
when you go to make a DVD-VIDEO in a program like nero, there is a folder for audio, I would assume you can dump it in there, but it may need to be coverted to some shitty format like ac3, maybe someone can help me here

Offline Spinman

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
  • KVShow
    • The Kynd Veggie Show
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2004, 10:45:19 AM »
I've burned 25 DVD Audios in the last couple of days, using DiscWelder Bronze.
The program is 89 dollars, and Frank, at Cascade Media sells it.
It's also gapless.  Which DVD Architect isn't.
The user interface isn't the greatest, but the end product is really nice.
You can't drag and drop tracks... arghh.. You have to double click each and everyone..and you can't save image files, unless you pony up and by the expensive version...
Wavelab 5, which was just released, also burns DVD-Audio; however, I've yet to see it.
These are your options, for now.  Unless you have 50K plus, and want to spring for Sonics commercial applications.
Peace,
Dave

Schoeps MK21,MK4,MK41>KCY>CMC6>V3>744t
Nak CM700's>Sony C1MZX

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.055 seconds with 34 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com