Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Tracking a 24bit 48Khz Wav  (Read 1693 times)

Offline cybermansrev

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
Tracking a 24bit 48Khz Wav
« on: April 25, 2006, 07:59:18 AM »
I'm getting highly confused with what to do with the recordings I'm now making, please help!
I'd like to keep them in 24 bit 48KHz as either audio on video DVD or DVD-A, since I really can't be bothered to resample and dithering for recordings for my own use.
Reading other posts people still seem to be using CD Wave but surely thats optimised for 44.1KHz and will give SBE's at 48KHz?
As these are pretty much going to be my masters I'd like to know that I'm tracking them in a manor which isn't introducing any errors, all advice greatly appreciated :)

Offline JasonSobel

• Trade Count: (8)
  • Needs to get out more...
    • My show list
Re: Tracking a 24bit 48Khz Wav
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2006, 08:05:14 AM »
IMO, CD Wave is your best bet.  It won't give you problems or errors.  just be sure that when you go to save CHECK the box that says "Save as alternate 24 bit format".  If you don't check that box, CD Wave will save the WAV files to a new "standard" created by Microsoft.  the problem is, hardly any other program will be able to read those files.  So just check off that box and you're good to go.

Offline Ed.

• your popsicle's melting
  • Needs to get out more...
  • FJ Baby!
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2006, 11:11:52 AM »
just what jason said.  track them like usual.

Because nothing says "I have lots of money and am sort of confused as to how to spend it" like Bose.

Offline cybermansrev

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2006, 07:53:31 AM »
Thanks +T's

RebelRebel

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2006, 04:37:01 PM »
SBEs dont happen with 48khz. It is a redbook (16/44.1) issue(or non-issue..depending on which camp you fall in)

I'm getting highly confused with what to do with the recordings I'm now making, please help!
I'd like to keep them in 24 bit 48KHz as either audio on video DVD or DVD-A, since I really can't be bothered to resample and dithering for recordings for my own use.
Reading other posts people still seem to be using CD Wave but surely thats optimised for 44.1KHz and will give SBE's at 48KHz?
As these are pretty much going to be my masters I'd like to know that I'm tracking them in a manor which isn't introducing any errors, all advice greatly appreciated :)

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.051 seconds with 34 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com