Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Help/Advice on transferring DATs to Powerbook HD  (Read 1219 times)

Offline chiefbroom

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
Help/Advice on transferring DATs to Powerbook HD
« on: February 18, 2006, 07:47:35 AM »
I'm looking for help/advice on the best way to transfer my DATs to my Powerbook hard disk for
editing, adding track marks, and burning to CD.  I have 2 portable DATS a D-8 & a D-100 and
a Sony PCM-R500 and the Powerbook is a 12" aluminum 1.5Ghz w an 80Gb harddrive.  I probably
have about 1,500 DATs many of which are masters, and I'd like to dump some of them on to a
hard drive and burn CDs.  Currently experimenting with Audio Hijack Pro and just going analog out
of the D-100 into the sound in on the Powerbook, but my first crack at it showed that Audio
Hijack Pro had MP3 as the Format and I was not able to change that.  Is AHJP the best program
for the job?  Is the sound imput on the Powerbook adequate?  Or do I need some kind of USB
sound input interface?  I'd be grateful for any advice in this realm from anyone who's been down
these same paths.

Thanks,
B

Offline greenone

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Russian mics... strong like bull...
Re: Help/Advice on transferring DATs to Powerbook HD
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2006, 06:21:59 PM »
Plenty of threads in here on the topic, but to get you started...you'll definitely want a USB or Firewire interface of some sort. Stay out of the analog realm! ;)

As far as free programs for recording, Audacity is a good one. Felt Tip Sound Studio is free for a lengthy trial period and is the program I use. Try searching for those in this forum and you'll get more advice than you know what to do with. ;D
Unofficial Blues Traveler archivist - glad to work on any BT or related recordings
archive.org admin - happy to upload tracked material to the LMA

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.055 seconds with 27 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com