Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Vista & large FLAC file encoding  (Read 1656 times)

Offline hoyt

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Taperssection Member
    • http://www.the-hoyts.com
Vista & large FLAC file encoding
« on: April 17, 2008, 01:10:02 PM »
This past weekend I went to encode some 24 bit wave files on my laptop that has Vista on it.  They encode fine, but then if I immediatly test them I get this error meesge:

FLAC__STREAM_DECODER_UNPARSEABLE_STREAM

I can FTP the 24 bit waves to an XP machine, and they encode perfectly fine.  The intro track encodes and tests fine on Vista, so my guess is that this is a file size issue, not a 24 bit issue.  I ran a memtest on my laptop and the memory checked out ok, so I'm at a loss as to the problem. 

When I search the forums for Vista and FLAC all I find about errors are with the installer - which installed perfectly fine for me (1.7.1).

Any idea?  Thanks!

--hoyt
dpa4028/4023/4011er > sx-m2d2/ sx-r4+

RebelRebel

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Vista & large FLAC file encoding
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2008, 07:58:33 PM »
hoyt, I suspect that This may be your issue. Basically the encoder was updated to work with files more efficiently, but the rest of the components havent caught up to the encoder portion...

Offline hoyt

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Taperssection Member
    • http://www.the-hoyts.com
Re: Vista & large FLAC file encoding
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2008, 11:23:44 AM »
hoyt, I suspect that This may be your issue. Basically the encoder was updated to work with files more efficiently, but the rest of the components havent caught up to the encoder portion...

Nice!  I rolled back to flac 1.2.0 and now the files check out when I encode them.  Thanks, +t for the help!

--hoyt
dpa4028/4023/4011er > sx-m2d2/ sx-r4+

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.034 seconds with 28 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com