Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: VGA cable: is 40 feet too long plus a few other questions?  (Read 1554 times)

Offline Teen Wolf Blitzer

• It's all ballbearings these days.
  • Trade Count: (6)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • I am Rattus Norvegicus.
    • Support Festival Radio
VGA cable: is 40 feet too long plus a few other questions?
« on: March 17, 2009, 01:18:21 PM »
I am looking into hooking up my 50" Bravia to my PC via my second VGA in.  The tv says rgb on the back.  Are RGB and VGA the same thing?  And will 40 feet be too much length?  Meaning signal deterioration.

kirk97132

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: VGA cable: is 40 feet too long plus a few other questions?
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2009, 05:03:33 PM »
NO problem we use 50' to 100' all the time here at the Theatre without line amplifiers. 

Offline phanophish

• Trade Count: (2)
    • ImageLume Photography
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2009, 05:06:25 PM »
Make sure you pick up a decent VGA cable though and be aware of what you are routing near as there can be interference over any long analog cable run.

Photo:  Nikon D300, D200, 35mm f/1.8,  50mm f/1.4, 85mm f/1.8, Nikon 17-55 f/2.8, Sigma 18-50/2.8 Macro, 18-70 f/4.5-5.6, 24-120 f/3.5-5.6 VR, Sigma 10-20 f4-5.6, Nikon 70-200 f/2.8VR, SB-800

Jake: What's this?
Elwood: What?
Jake: This car. This stupid car. Where's the Cadillac? The Caddy? Where's the Caddy?
Elwood: The what?
Jake: The Cadillac we used to have. The Blues Mobile!
Elwood: I traded it.
Jake: You traded the Blues Mobile for this?
Elwood: No. For a microphone.
Jake: A microphone? Okay I can see that.

Offline Teen Wolf Blitzer

• It's all ballbearings these days.
  • Trade Count: (6)
  • I am Rattus Norvegicus.
    • Support Festival Radio
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2009, 05:31:55 PM »
lol  Hilarious sig liner Kirk.  Where was that from?  Todd is such an ass.   :lol:

And yes I do make the rules.  Before taping a band be sure to run it by me first.   :P

kirk97132

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2009, 03:07:00 PM »
Yeah get some decent quality VGA cable. VGA & RGB are same thing.  We run our digi projectors off laptops all the time at the school.  We've run it next to serious lighting which is on dimmers and next to powered sound feed and regular ac lines with no interference problems at all.  The dimmers are what usually play havoc with signal.  We have never tried running over 100' without a line amplifier in place but you might get to 150' before signal degrades.  We just never take that chance.     

It was part of his sig at one point but it's gone now.  It was in the repercussion of our actions tread.  It actually read something like MB is a dictatorial elitist taper who makes the rules on what is acceptable to record."  For some reason I got all PC and edited it like I was worried what someone might think, who knew I had THAT in ME?  But it still reads great.  I'll be in touch before I record anything to make sure I get a permission slip >:D

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.047 seconds with 30 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com