Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: lappy trouble  (Read 1846 times)

Offline Ed.

• your popsicle's melting
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • FJ Baby!
lappy trouble
« on: February 03, 2004, 01:59:23 AM »
i'm guessing i'm going to just have to tear it apart and hope for the best, but i thought i'd post on here in hopes that someone mighta had this problem in the past.

Sunday my laptop was working fine, i had it plugged into the wall at home (my parents house) and was working on it.  I then closed the lid, it went into sleep mode, i unplugged it and threw it in my bag and drove back home (my house, 2 hour drive).  Last night when i got into work at 4am and got it out of the bag to start working on it again i couldn't get it to turn on.

Usually when i have it plugged in a light will come on showing that the battery is charging or at least show that its plugged in.  Now when its plugged in, no light.  When i hit the button to turn it on, the lights by the keyboard come on for a split second and the fan runs for a split second like its going to turn on, but no luck.  nothing happens.  I've tried taking out the battery and putting it back in, running it without the battery, taking out the ram, taking out the hard drive, all the easy stuff.  - no success.  The thing is about 4 years old, its a junker, i usually just used it to split shows with here at work.  

There was nothing on it that i don't have backed up, so i don't care too much about losing anything.  Its probably not worth more than $150-$200, so i don't really want to take it to a computer store.  Any ideas on how to fix it?

ed

Because nothing says "I have lots of money and am sort of confused as to how to spend it" like Bose.

jpschust

Re:lappy trouble
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2004, 10:36:30 AM »
do you have a different power cable for it by chance?  wonder if something happened in the power source.

Offline Ed.

• your popsicle's melting
  • FJ Baby!
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2004, 10:47:13 AM »
i can get a different one really easily, i'll try that when i get home today.  i was gonna tear it apart and see if any wires were lose connected to the power button, but didn't have the proper tools last night when i was working.

Because nothing says "I have lots of money and am sort of confused as to how to spend it" like Bose.

Offline mirth

• Les Hommes Savvent Pourquois
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2004, 05:03:29 PM »
Try taking out the battery & trying to power it up.
Governor Jim McGreevey was equally disturbed about the upcoming population increase. "New Jersey cannot support all of these wookies," he said. "For starters, we don't have nearly enough kindbud. At best, we can muster up a Q.P. of some beasties, but we've not a dime-bag more."

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.069 seconds with 32 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com