Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Question about Traders Little Helper and file sizes when encoding FLACs?  (Read 1937 times)

Offline coloartist

• Trade Count: (13)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • MGoldey -"you can shove those mics up your ass
So I upgraded my laptop to Windows 7 before I went on Tour two weeks ago. I loaded up all my software, and now am out East.

My FLAC frontend wasn't working so I have been encoding with Traders Little Helper. It seems to work fine except it seems to compress twice as much as FLAC frontend. When I un-compress the folder the data is back to full size, though. I have tried level 8 and level 6. My torrents sure are uploading fast!

example: http://bt.etree.org/details.php?id=534480

pre-FLAC=1.81mb
torrent size=544.96mb
un-flac'ed=1.81mb stereo files
« Last Edit: April 25, 2010, 07:38:21 PM by coloartist »
mk4>Kwon/din a/din>kc5>cmc6>kindkables XLR>788T
mk22>Kwon/NOS>kc5>cmc6>kindkablesXLR>788t                                                     
Canon XH-A1 Sony AX100                       
Samsung Backlit LED 55">Pioneer Elite SC-27>Snell Acoustics E.5  Series

Offline jefflester

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Taperssection All-Star
It's two track mono - the two channels are identical. I grabbed just one track, and in Cool Edit Pro inverted one of the channels, pasted it on top of the other channel, and it came out a flat line.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2010, 09:17:58 PM by jefflester »
DPA4061 HEB -> R-09 / AT943 -> CA-UGLY -> R-09
AKG CK63 -> nBob actives -> Baby NBox -> R-09/DR2d
AKG CK63 -> AKG C460B -> Zoom F8/DR-680MKII
Line Audio CM4/Superlux S502/Samson C02/iSK Little Gem/Sennheiser E609/Shure SM57 -> Zoom F8/DR-680MKII (multitracked band recordings)

Offline twatts (pants are so over-rated...)

• <://PHiSH//><
  • Trade Count: (16)
  • Lego made a Mini-Fig of me!
Interesting...  I use TLH lvl8 to FLAC my stuff too, and it usually compresses to 50% fo its original size...  I wonder if this "mono" issue is your tape, or something with TLH.  Is that your question???

BTW, I do NOT have windows 7.

Terry

***Do you have PHISH, VIDA BLUE, JAZZ MANDOLIN PROJECT or any other Phish related DATs/Tapes/MDs that need to be transferred???  I can do them for you!!!***

I will return your DATs/Tapes/MDs.  I'll also provide Master FLAC files via DropBox.  PM me for details.

Sony PCM R500 > SPDIF > Tascam HD-P2
Nakamichi DR-3 > (Oade Advanced Concert Mod) Tascam HD-P2
Sony MDS-JE510 > Hosa ODL-276 > Tascam HD-P2

Offline coloartist

• Trade Count: (13)
  • MGoldey -"you can shove those mics up your ass
It's two track mono - the two channels are identical. I grabbed just one track, and in Cool Edit Pro inverted one of the channels, pasted it on top of the other channel, and it came out a flat line.

Thanks for the tip.I figured out the issue. The tracks actually had all the info from both channels on them. I had made a new Montage in Wavelab, since my old template went away with my old operating system. It was sending both channel 1 and 2 to the LF and RF, so they were double mono tracks with all the information from both channels.

I redid one of the shows, and the file size problem is all fixed, and they sure sound better. Live and learn.

I guess the question now is how did  TLH know the channels are identical? there is still 2 channels?
mk4>Kwon/din a/din>kc5>cmc6>kindkables XLR>788T
mk22>Kwon/NOS>kc5>cmc6>kindkablesXLR>788t                                                     
Canon XH-A1 Sony AX100                       
Samsung Backlit LED 55">Pioneer Elite SC-27>Snell Acoustics E.5  Series

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.048 seconds with 29 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com