Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Ubuntu Questions: ffp/md5 + seeding on dime  (Read 2990 times)

Offline lessthanbinsch

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
Ubuntu Questions: ffp/md5 + seeding on dime
« on: April 28, 2011, 12:56:58 PM »
Does anybody know how to make .ffp and/or .md5 files for my recordings with ubuntu 10.10?
« Last Edit: April 29, 2011, 02:55:32 AM by lessthanbinsch »

Offline page

• Trade Count: (25)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • #TeamRetired
Re: Ubuntu Question (ffp/md5)
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2011, 01:02:37 PM »
Does anybody know how to make .ffp and/or .md5 files for my recordings with ubuntu 10.10?

from a command line prompt its either the md5 or meta-flac commands. Working from memory, it should be:

md5 *.flac > files.md5
meta-flac --show-md5sum *.flac > files.ffp

they will return different values since one looks at the entire file (tags et al) while the other looks at just the audio stream contained within.
"This is a common practice we have on the bus; debating facts that we could easily find through printed material. It's like, how far is it today? I think it's four hours, and someone else comes in at 11 hours, and well, then we'll... just... talk about it..." - Jeb Puryear

"Nostalgia ain't what it used to be." - Jim Williams

Offline lessthanbinsch

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2011, 02:55:02 AM »
thanks! i now got a md5 file.
next step is that i want to seed my recording on dime. the first time for me doing this with linux. i created a .torrent file with transmission. what is the next step? where do i have to save my recording, the torrent file and where do i have to put the download location? any special things that are different than doing this with windows?

from a command line prompt its either the md5 or meta-flac commands. Working from memory, it should be:

md5 *.flac > files.md5

they will return different values since one looks at the entire file (tags et al) while the other looks at just the audio stream contained within.

Offline page

• Trade Count: (25)
  • #TeamRetired
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2011, 09:52:34 AM »
next step is that i want to seed my recording on dime. the first time for me doing this with linux. i created a .torrent file with transmission. what is the next step? where do i have to save my recording, the torrent file and where do i have to put the download location? any special things that are different than doing this with windows?

Not really, it's still open the torrent, point it to the appropriate data, verify everything is correct and upload it to the tracker.
"This is a common practice we have on the bus; debating facts that we could easily find through printed material. It's like, how far is it today? I think it's four hours, and someone else comes in at 11 hours, and well, then we'll... just... talk about it..." - Jeb Puryear

"Nostalgia ain't what it used to be." - Jim Williams

Online tim in jersey

• Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (8)
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2011, 12:03:48 AM »

md5 *.flac > files.md5

As an aside, you might want to check out Deluge as a bittorrent client in Linux.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.043 seconds with 30 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com