Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Using Audiophile 2496 control panel output tab for all applications  (Read 1764 times)

Offline kcmule

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Needs to get out more...
Windows Vista64 SP2

This strikes me as silly issue, but it appears the control panel for the Audiophile 2496
only controls the output levels for some applications.  Samplitude in this case.  Other
applications such as Foobar or watching a youtube video have no sound unless I use
the Windows volume control for the Line 1/2 output.  I'd like to use one fader for all
applications, period.

Windows Control Panel > Sounds >  Playback > Default Device is Line 1/2 (M-Audio Delta Audiophile)

In Samplitude:  System options > Playback > Global Playback Device > Maudio Delta ASIO Out (1+2)

In Foobar: Preferences > Playback > Output > Device > Line 1/2 (M-Audio Delta Audiophile)

However, as I mentioend, when using Foobar (or IE9 for youtube videos) I have to use
the Windows volume control fader, instead of the output tab in the Audiophile control panel,
to get any output.

Why?

Offline kcmule

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: Using Audiophile 2496 control panel output tab for all applications
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2012, 03:28:36 PM »
Alright then.

The mixer for the Windows volume control has a setting for each application that is open.
If I maximize each of those in the windows mixer, the output tab in the M-Audio control
panel effects the volume further (ie: will act as the master control for everything).

So I guess, problem solved.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.053 seconds with 27 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com