Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Use of BBE Sonic Sweet software /VST - Plug-in  (Read 3027 times)

Offline swordfish

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Taperssection Member
Use of BBE Sonic Sweet software /VST - Plug-in
« on: September 28, 2012, 02:00:32 AM »
Hi All.

Has anybody experience with subject software?  I downloaded a few shows which where "worked" on with Sonic maximizers and software with plug ins.  Went to my favorite dealer in Colgne in Germany and asked the some questions about the BBE Sonic hardware and the software.  I was told the right way to do it would be to use the software ...which requires a host.  I use Cool edit to work on my recordings....and after a while I can do waht I need to do sine I am not a PC geek.

So my quesitions are.

Will cool edit pro work as an host for the BBE Sonic software---the host requires an VST - whatever that is.

I wrote a mail to BBE  and received the following answer..pls see below...

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Gesendet: Donnerstag, 27. September 2012 um 18:54 Uhr
Von: "Nomad Factory" <techsupport@nomadfactory.com>
An: xxxxxxxxx

Hi,

You can use any VST Host.  There are a ton of them out there.  We like Ableton Live the best.. you can buy Live intro for $99 which is very reasonable.  You can also try Reaper, Cubase, or Studio One.   If you pay less or get a free program, you may end up getting frustrated because the user experiences are not good.

Thank you,

The Nomad Factory Technical Support
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Maybe BBE is the wrong software at all.  But I will try to improve my recordings a bit :-)) , so suggestions are welcome.

Thanks,

Martin

adrianf74

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Use of BBE Sonic Sweet software /VST - Plug-in
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2012, 02:55:03 PM »
I remember playing with the old BBE rackmount units back in the day when I used to record on DAT to "fix" certaint things.   These can be done a lot more easily these days with less 'damaging' (for lack of a better word) tools already in the software.   I don't know if using the VST plug-in would be frowned upon in these parts but I'd sure like to read what people will have to say.  Thanks for your question.

Offline noahbickart

• phishrabbi
  • Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (33)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • So now I wander over grounds of light...
Recording:
Capsules: Schoeps mk41v (x2), mk22 (x2), mk3 (x2), mk21 & mk8
Cables: 2x nbob KCY, 1 pair nbob actives, GAKables 10' & 20' 6-channel snakes, Darktrain 2 & 4 channel KCY and mini xlr extensions:
Preamps:    Schoeps VMS 02iub, Naiant IPA, Sound Devices Mixpre6 I
Recorders: Sound Devices Mixpre6 I, Sony PCM m10

Home Playback: Mac Mini> Mytek Brooklyn+> McIntosh MC162> Eminent Tech LFT-16; Musical Fidelity xCan v2> Hifiman HE-4XX / Beyerdynamic DT880

Office Playback: iMac> Grace m903> AKG k701 / Hifiman HE-400

Offline swordfish

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2012, 01:35:59 AM »
try this:

http://www.sonicspot.com/spinaudiovstdxwrapper/spinaudiovstdxwrapper.html

Sorry for replying so late but I hoped to get more feedback on my questions...Since I m not a computer expert the above link unfortunately didn't help me much...

Still have not idea which programm would be the best to buy/use as an host for the sonic software.

SF

Offline yates7592

• Trade Count: (12)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2012, 07:45:53 AM »
The BBE plug-in is VST, therefore most if not all mastering / DAW programs should be able to use it. I haven't used Cool Edit Pro in a long time but I am almost sure it would be able to host VST plug-ins.

If not.....

Audacity is free and can handle some VST plug-ins, but not all, and some not well. That would be worth trying first.

The next step up is the 'lite' version of most DAW's. I think they go for $100 or so, or are commonly bundled with digital recorders. I have used the lite version of Cubase before and that worked well with VST's. I hear the starter version of Reaper is very good value for money.

Beyond that you are looking at mastering programs like Wavelab or full versions of the DAW's, which are much more expensive than the light versions. Again, Reaper....

Hope this helps.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2012, 07:47:45 AM by yates7592 »

Offline swordfish

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2012, 12:56:36 AM »
The BBE plug-in is VST, therefore most if not all mastering / DAW programs should be able to use it. I haven't used Cool Edit Pro in a long time but I am almost sure it would be able to host VST plug-ins.

If not.....

Audacity is free and can handle some VST plug-ins, but not all, and some not well. That would be worth trying first.

The next step up is the 'lite' version of most DAW's. I think they go for $100 or so, or are commonly bundled with digital recorders. I have used the lite version of Cubase before and that worked well with VST's. I hear the starter version of Reaper is very good value for money.

Beyond that you are looking at mastering programs like Wavelab or full versions of the DAW's, which are much more expensive than the light versions. Again, Reaper....

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the info...I will look into the programms and may buy the software first and see if it will work CEP....have to make up my mind.

Thanks for all the answers...
SF

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.066 seconds with 31 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com