Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Askin the experts...good sound card suggestions???Juli@, m-audio, turtle beach<?  (Read 4191 times)

Offline Chris K

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Bound to cover just a little more ground
my bad, but i thought i saw a posting from doug on the oade board that the ua-5 could be used as a dac. i admittedly have never tried to use it to play audio on my cpu through the ua-5. i have been using the standard audio output

here is the link to the thread. sorry if i confused anyone (including myself):

http://www.oade.com/Tapers_Section/Forum/dcboard.php?az=show_mesg&forum=101&topic_id=370&mesg_id=371&page=4
My gear: JK Labs AKG DVC > M10
              AKG 460 ck61/ck62/ck63 > DR-70D

A live concert to me is exciting because of all the electricity that is generated in the crowd and on stage. It's my favorite part of the business, live concerts.
-Elvis Presley

Offline rerem

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
The Edirol is about 3x the price of an M-Audio Revolution and almost $100 more than an ESI Juli@ which does 24/192 in and out with multichannel out and a sn around 110db. Cheap internals too near a high power vid card or a brand x PSU can have troubles but there are pro internal cards costing big bucks and they don't suck. While Ray may record shows with jb3,He may want to record his band in 24 bit from sbd to soundcard,or digitize analogs via line in. The UA-5 would be tempting if preamps and phantom power were needed. I don't get how a good M-Audio,Terratec or ESI could claim a SN ratio over 100db if it got a bunch of noise once put in a puter. How else could it be run-or measured?

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.052 seconds with 26 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com