Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Verizon pci card broadband for upload  (Read 1528 times)

Offline georgeh

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection All-Star
Verizon pci card broadband for upload
« on: January 12, 2006, 07:55:03 AM »
Hey Now
Not sure about the proper forum for this question. Anyone out ther using the Verizon card for broadband internet
uploads or dl's ? I travel most of the year and the current set up for me is no good, being on the raod so much.
I wasn't sure if you'd run into drop out more likely with this set up or if it works fine? I realize I'd need to be in there service area, which from what I've heard so far is the best, or broadest range of coverage.
any help with thsi descion would be appreciated
peace
george
microtech gefell sms 2000, MG 21 & 20 & 27 caps >
M148 (with new ext battery) > acm P2 (2 of them)
Nbob active cables / PFA, Nbox Platinum

Offline wtf

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
Re: Verizon pci card broadband for upload
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2006, 01:10:15 PM »
I have one that I use for work on a daily basis, but never for d/l or u/l.  The card will work anywhere it can get a signal (& speed is dependent on signal strenghth), but in order to get broadband speeds, you have to be in an area where Verizon has its broadband network operating.  You can check broadband coverage in your area here:

www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/mobileoptions/broadband/coveragearea.jsp

They are supposed to be rolling out new "broadband areas" regularly, but I have not kept up with how often.  I also do not know how the card would work for what you are asking if you are in a covered area b/c I have never used it in one.  Bottom line, I can't answer you're question if you are in a coverage area, but it will be painfully slow if you're no (for d/l that is, surfing is ok for the most part).  Hope this helps.

Greg

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.03 seconds with 27 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com