Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Foobar Live ShowTagger issues  (Read 7405 times)

Offline roffels

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Taperssection Member
Re: Foobar Live ShowTagger issues
« Reply #30 on: March 28, 2023, 04:03:59 PM »
^untagged shows kind of comes with the territory, so I don't get too worked up about it. Unless they're untagged, and the accompanying text file is also a non-standard mess with un-numbered song titles, track breaks not covered in the next file, song length data next to the song, etc. Blood pressure rises, but ultimately I'm paying nothing but time and I'd have no recording if not for the tapers, so I'm thankful they shared.

Offline morst

• I think I found an error on the internet; #UnionStrong
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #31 on: March 28, 2023, 10:06:55 PM »
^untagged shows kind of comes with the territory, so I don't get too worked up about it. Unless they're untagged, and the accompanying text file is also a non-standard mess with un-numbered song titles, track breaks not covered in the next file, song length data next to the song, etc. Blood pressure rises, but ultimately I'm paying nothing but time and I'd have no recording if not for the tapers, so I'm thankful they shared.
I remove stuff like track numbers or timings using a search with a wildcard.

When Audacity exports labels, it give me the start and end times in decimals with a tab character between them so I search for the following string, then replace it with an empty line in Mac TextEdit
if it looks like
0.0000 (tab) 125.650 (tab)
125.650 (tab) 500.050 (tab)
500.050 ... etc etc

I search for #.# (tab) #.# (tab)
where the numberings are wildcards for any digits, and this works great.
Similarly, removing characters from a list starting with tabs and then open bracket, digits, colon, digits, close bracket will cover something that looks like (tab) [5:45].
https://toad.social/@morst spoutible.com/morst post.news/@acffhmorst

Offline rocksuitcase

• Trade Count: (4)
    • RockSuitcase: stage photography
« Reply #32 on: March 29, 2023, 01:43:24 PM »
I know you are not replying directly to me, BUT, the thing with my "complaint" (minor though it is) is I am being sent raw files with no setlist or textfiles but being told "The show is all ready to share". He has been taping since the late 1970's and does not have excellent PC skills, BUT, I have over the phone described to him what most of us would refer to as "ready to share" is tracked, flac'd and tagged files WITH a text file. Discussed etree standards, showed him on LMA how the files look. He reads and DL's my private list stuff BUT, he still thinks tracking in .wavs, then sending it to me (without a textfile) is "ready to share".

The bummer is, he send me awesome music which is not in many folks' collections, but I am less able to share them as I need to finish the hundreds of shows I have of my own masters left untransferred.
music IS love

When you get confused, listen to the music play!

Mics:         AKG460|CK61|CK1|CK3|CK8|Beyer M 201E|DPA 4060 SK
Recorders:Marantz PMD661 OADE Concert mod; Tascam DR680 MKI x2; Sony PCM-M10

Offline vanark

• TDS
  • Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (29)
  • If you ain't right, you better get right!
    • The Mudboy Grotto - North Mississippi Allstar fan site
« Reply #33 on: March 29, 2023, 04:50:16 PM »
I know you are not replying directly to me, BUT, the thing with my "complaint" (minor though it is) is I am being sent raw files with no setlist or textfiles but being told "The show is all ready to share". He has been taping since the late 1970's and does not have excellent PC skills, BUT, I have over the phone described to him what most of us would refer to as "ready to share" is tracked, flac'd and tagged files WITH a text file. Discussed etree standards, showed him on LMA how the files look. He reads and DL's my private list stuff BUT, he still thinks tracking in .wavs, then sending it to me (without a textfile) is "ready to share".

The bummer is, he send me awesome music which is not in many folks' collections, but I am less able to share them as I need to finish the hundreds of shows I have of my own masters left untransferred.

Depending on the music, there may be folks out there willing to take it to completion rather than having it dumped on you. Not me, but I do have a couple folks I know I can reach out to finalize recordings from raw WAV's to ready (actually ready) to distribute. It might be worth trying to find someone. I used to do it for tapers before I became one myself.
If you have a problem relating to the Live Music Archive (http://www.archive.org/details/etree) please send an e-mail to us admins at LMA(AT)archive(DOT)org or post in the LMA thread here and we'll get on it.

Link to LMA Recordings

Link to Team Dirty South Recordings on the LMA

Mics: Microtech Gefell M21 (with Nbob actives) | Church Audio CA-11 (cards) (with CA UBB)
Pres: babynbox
Recorders: Tascam DR-60D | Tascam DR-40 | Sony PCM-A10 | Edirol R-4

Offline roffels

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #34 on: March 29, 2023, 07:18:32 PM »

Depending on the music, there may be folks out there willing to take it to completion rather than having it dumped on you. Not me, but I do have a couple folks I know I can reach out to finalize recordings from raw WAV's to ready (actually ready) to distribute. It might be worth trying to find someone. I used to do it for tapers before I became one myself.

Definitely, I've taped a few shows for artists I'm not familiar with and really didn't enjoy the set at all. Rather than let the tape rot on my drive, I've reached out to folks on Dime/wherever that are in the taping community and fans of the band. Takes the burden off me, and lets the fans enjoy the show.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.052 seconds with 33 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com