Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Sound Studio 2.1  (Read 8568 times)

Offline scb

• Eli Manning should die of gonorrhea and rot in hell. Would you like a cookie, son?
  • Trade Count: (11)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re:Sound Studio 2.1
« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2003, 02:56:36 PM »
>>I had a problem with a set I did a few weeks ago when I tried out 24 bit...there was digi noise all over the recording, and I couldn't figure out why...<<

diginoise wasn't my problem.  

for some reason, spark will *not* recognize an input from the emi 2|6 if you change the settings in spark from "16 bit" to "Best Format".  no idea why

in Peak, it'll see even a 24/96 signal from the emi, but at 16/44.1,16/48,24/44.1, 24/48,24/96 it's full of what seem to be dropped or even duplicated samples.  i'll be listening to something that sounds fine, but all of a sudden they'll be some weird glitch that sounds like  repeated samples in one channel.  this is on the spdif input, not sure what the deal is with analog

in amadeus, i coudln't get a consistent stream coming in without it dropping samples at 24 bit

spark 2.7 at 16 bit has pops/clicks.  i'll test sound studio 2.1 off 16 bit this week and report back

anyone here using the waves master bundle under os x?  

Offline hippies

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Member
  • "What we all need is a left hand monkey wrench."
« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2003, 07:57:57 PM »
HAL is not listed in the dropdown menu anymore under 10.2.4/ SS 2.1.  at least not on my machine.  looks to be using Core audio all the way.  ;)

what sucks is SS 2.1 still does not support 24 bit.     :-\

on the other hand, Resample is significantly improved speed wise!  ;)

btw:

just a lil FYI:

as i said earlier, Resample is dramatically faster.  after transferring the first show via 2.1, i can also report that to my view, the whole program seems MUCH faster in this version.  

during this transfer, i opened files/ resampled/ normalized/ split by markers/ and of course, saved, and ALL were significantly faster than 2.0!  nice!  also seems to work well with Core audio.  now if we could just get a 24 bit version!  

ahh well... 2.2 anyone?...  ;)

peace

~S
« Last Edit: April 14, 2003, 08:08:54 PM by hippies »

Offline scb

• Eli Manning should die of gonorrhea and rot in hell. Would you like a cookie, son?
  • Trade Count: (11)
« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2003, 11:38:21 PM »
>>s i said earlier, Resample is dramatically faster.  after transferring the first show via 2.1, i can also report that to my view, the whole program seems MUCH faster in this version.<<

gotta love g4 optimization

Offline hippies

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Member
  • "What we all need is a left hand monkey wrench."
« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2003, 12:36:51 AM »
hehe...  yeah, ya just gotta!  ;)

Offline greenone

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Russian mics... strong like bull...
« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2003, 01:25:06 PM »
Are any of you guys having trouble with using AppleScript to save in 2.1? Every file that I've done automatically so far has saved as an 8kb file that SS then refuses to open, saying it's in a format that the program doesn't understand.

If I save manually, there's no problem. If I run the script on 2.0.7, again, no problem. I have no idea what this part of the script is for:

select audio doc from 1.21 to 3.48

but whether I leave it in or take it out, it still exhibits the same behavior.

--Dave
Unofficial Blues Traveler archivist - glad to work on any BT or related recordings
archive.org admin - happy to upload tracked material to the LMA

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.053 seconds with 34 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com