Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Problem with WaveLab at 80%  (Read 5734 times)

Offline waltflanagansdog

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Taperssection Member
  • "All I can say is that my life is pretty plain."
    • Show List
Problem with WaveLab at 80%
« on: September 14, 2003, 12:20:38 PM »
Hi! I recorded Papa Grows Funk last night and they played a straight
2 hour set. When I try to get a peak level it stops and "freezes" my
system at 80%. Same thing when I tried to convert it to CD Wave to
track it out. Stopped at 80%.

Any help will be appreciated, especially if someone can either help
me get past 80% or track out using WaveLab so I can seed the show.

Thanks, Mike
C4's->WMod UA5->h120

Offline Wes

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Member
Re:Problem with WaveLab at 80%
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2003, 01:45:26 PM »
what does you .wav file look like at that point it is freezing up?  Do you have adequate hd space?  Tracking out in wavelab is pretty easy, make sure your marker toolbar is open and use the cd track start, boundary, and end markers to seperate tracks. just drag them to the desired location.  then save the file (this is most likely going to lock you up at 80% again though).  if not, go to file>new basic audio cd and pick your file you have just tracked out and select cd>save each track as seperate audio file.

Wes
" Radio Shack md440zrs>high pass filter>whopper a>d "

DaryanLenz

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2003, 05:51:26 PM »
I would say it is a hard drive error of some sort.  It is in all likelyhood a hardware issue, as it appears the problem is existent in several different programs.  My guess is you either ran out of memory, which I doubt, or ran out of HD space, which could be more likely.  Also, make sure you are operating in 16bit in wavelab or you will get the 2gb limit error message as well.  If this doesn't solve your problem, let us know.  You have restarted the computer and tried again right?

Daryan

Offline waltflanagansdog

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Taperssection Member
  • "All I can say is that my life is pretty plain."
    • Show List
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2003, 09:56:36 AM »
It has happened every time I have tried it (about 4 times).  I am operating in 16bit.  I have plenty of hard drive space.  I'll try again today, and try to track out the show in WaveLab as well.
C4's->WMod UA5->h120

Offline dklein

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2003, 12:53:48 AM »
Though this probably isn't it, you could check your Wavelab temp file settings under:
options, preferences, file
Mine defaulted to the c drive which didn't have the kind of space required for giant audio files.

Next step would be to follow the direction of the folks on laptop tapers who suggested you use some utilities for stripping / repairing headers.  I just had to do this to a file that got messed up when I lost power while recording (actually, my UA-5 lost power and caused the pc to spontaneously reboot while recording, but that's another story).  I'm also having major hassles using cool edit pro to open up large files when they have the headers.  Even when cool edit is used to save the file, it crashes when I try to re-open it.  Strip the headers and open as raw pcm and it works.  fucked up...  So if you're recording large files or 24 bit files, it appears that these utilities might get regular use.

david
« Last Edit: September 16, 2003, 12:54:51 AM by dklein »
KM 184 > V2 > R4
older recording gear: UA-5  / emagic A62 / laptop / JB3 / CSB / AD20 / Sharp MT-90 / Sony MDS-JE510
Playback: Pioneer DV-578 > Lucid DA 9624 >many funny little british boxes > Linn Isobarik PMS

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.062 seconds with 33 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com