Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: The night of a lifetime for European nature recordists  (Read 1536 times)

Offline fotoralf.be

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
    • fotoralf.be
The night of a lifetime for European nature recordists
« on: April 15, 2010, 05:04:56 PM »
Due to the cloud of volcanic ash drifting over from Iceland, all air traffic has been grounded practically all over Northern and North-Western Europe. All of Scandinavia, Ireland, the UK, the Netherlands, Belgium, Northern France, and Germany will be having the quietest night for decades, without the eternal rumble from distant aircraft.

Should be a dream for all nature recordists.

Ralf

« Last Edit: April 15, 2010, 05:07:16 PM by fotoralf.be »
Photography and industrial audioscapes from Western Europe. - Sound examples: http://aporee.org/maps/projects/fotoralf - Blog (German): http://the-real-fotoralf.blogspot.com

Offline Massive Dynamic

• Trade Count: (21)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • 20 years of the best in apocalyptic gothic metal
Re: The night of a lifetime for European nature recordists
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2010, 11:34:13 PM »
Interesting. I have been tempted to record some of the spring frog calls, but there is just too much noise from the nearby highway bypass to try.  :-\ Guess I'll stick to really loud roknroll  :guitarist:
Naiant X-X > SP-SPSB-1 > M10
Superlux S502 > Denecke PS-2 > Hosa MIT-435 > M10

Offline BusDriver

• Trade Count: (6)
  • Taperssection Regular
Re: The night of a lifetime for European nature recordists
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2010, 07:32:03 PM »
Enjoy it while it lasts!!! I remember quite fondly the days immediately after the 9/11 deal when the ol US skies emptied.

It is this 'nature ' recording thread I'd like to get back to later tonight........  how long a cable run can i get away with when i want to drop the mics deep with the frogs / coyotes / etc and remain in warm dry comfort of the vehicle. I'm not ready for wireless yet.

Later ..

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.036 seconds with 29 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com