Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Rhino Quadio releases.  (Read 192 times)

Offline ts

• Trade Count: (81)
  • Needs to get out more...
Rhino Quadio releases.
« on: May 04, 2024, 04:01:15 PM »
Anyone try any of these? I got the Doobies set and I don't think it's playing back properly on my system. Rhino says just pop it in your Blu ray player that is connected to your 5.1 system and hit the play button. Sound will come out of FR, FL, RR and RL. Nothing out of sub or center. Other than that they don't say much more. I'm assuming the HTR should be set on 5 channel stereo and of course use the HDMI out on the player, but I have sound coming out of sub and center. That's not supposed to happen. I have an OPPO player and an older Yamaha HTR.

Here's some good reading. These things should come with a disclaimer and money back guarantee.  :facepalm:

https://forums.stevehoffman.tv/threads/new-black-sabbath-paranoid-quadraphonic-blu-ray-release.1178208/page-6#post-32513574
« Last Edit: May 04, 2024, 06:53:28 PM by ts »

Offline adrianf74

• Trade Count: (14)
  • Taperssection Member
Re: Rhino Quadio releases.
« Reply #1 on: Yesterday at 07:55:49 AM »
Should be the same as any other 5.1 source/when you watch a movie.  Shouldn’t be 5 channel stereo as that folds everything down.
Decks: Zoom F6, Zoom F3 w/ BTA-1 | Power: Neewer NP-F970 7800mAh | Mics: (under construction) Line Audio CM3 | Camera: DJI Osmo Action 4

Offline ts

« Reply #2 on: Yesterday at 09:42:11 AM »
I came across a card that was part of the box set. My set did not have it as I bought it used. All it talks about is bass management, where to send the LFE. My receiver can send the LF to sub only, front only or both. The card recommends sub only if the rears are small and if there the same size as the fronts, send the signal to all four. As I said, my receiver only can send to sub, both or front only.  :shrug:

Offline ts

« Reply #3 on: Yesterday at 09:44:01 AM »
Should be the same as any other 5.1 source/when you watch a movie.  Shouldn’t be 5 channel stereo as that folds everything down.

So play the disc as if it's a movie? If it's that simple, why doesn't Rhino just say that. Or is it because it's that simple.  :facepalm:

Offline adrianf74

• Trade Count: (14)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #4 on: Yesterday at 10:59:58 AM »

So play the disc as if it's a movie? If it's that simple, why doesn't Rhino just say that. Or is it because it's that simple.  :facepalm:

Yes. You need to have it playing back as HDMI with discreet channels passed through as they are.

Also, there can be both 2.0 and 4.0 mixes on the discs so you need to either select the option off the menu if there is one or select the audio channel on the Blu-Ray player while playing back.
Decks: Zoom F6, Zoom F3 w/ BTA-1 | Power: Neewer NP-F970 7800mAh | Mics: (under construction) Line Audio CM3 | Camera: DJI Osmo Action 4

Offline Gutbucket

• record > listen > revise technique
  • Trade Count: (16)
  • "Better to love music than respect it" ~Stravinsky
« Reply #5 on: Yesterday at 03:32:13 PM »
If the center channel is active, that suggests there is some sort of surround matrix upmixing happening, either in the player or in the receiver.  Content being routed to the subwoofer could be happening either via the surround matrix upmix or via separate bass-management.
musical volition > vibrations > voltages > numeric values > voltages > vibrations> virtual teleportation time-machine experience
Better recording made easy - >>Improved PAS table<< | Made excellent- >>click here to download the Oddball Microphone Technique illustrated PDF booklet<< (note: This is a 1st draft, now several years old and in need of revision!  Stay tuned)

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.33 seconds with 36 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com