Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: CA Card 11's - only 1 channel recording  (Read 1820 times)

Offline jagraham

• Trade Count: (20)
  • Needs to get out more...
CA Card 11's - only 1 channel recording
« on: August 11, 2009, 10:38:16 PM »
CA 11's > STC-9000 > JB3.  every since i gave my mics a workout at Floydfest, only the right channel will record on the JB3.  i have transferred some files for playback and of course there is no sound in the channel.  the weird thing is, during the festival i could arrange the mics far apart from each other and both channels would record, when i would put the mics closer to each other(ORTF or DIN), only the right channel records.  now with further testing, the left channel will not record at all.  does anyone have an explanation for this?  does anyone know why they would record properly with the different(far apart) config.?  i really hate this if something is wrong with them because they have great sound and i want to continue pulling sweet tapes with them.  does mr. church do repair work on the mics?  i will do/pay whatever to get these fixed but i dont even know where to start or what the actual problem is.  any help with this is appreciated.
Mics: Nak CM-300s, Nak CM-100s, CP-1s, CP-2s, AT-853s(Cards, Hypers, Omnis) CA-14s(Cards, Omnis)
Pres: CA STC-9200, CA-UBB
Recorders: Tascam DR-70D, DR-2D, Edirol R-09

ISO: 1 Teac ME-120, CP-3 Caps, AT-853 Subcard Caps

Offline page

• Trade Count: (25)
  • #TeamRetired
Re: CA Card 11's - only 1 channel recording
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2009, 11:16:00 PM »
Based on what I saw that weekend, and what you say, it sounds like a loose wire. I had one in my giant monster this spring and it had to go back for repair (what you saw was the loaner).
"This is a common practice we have on the bus; debating facts that we could easily find through printed material. It's like, how far is it today? I think it's four hours, and someone else comes in at 11 hours, and well, then we'll... just... talk about it..." - Jeb Puryear

"Nostalgia ain't what it used to be." - Jim Williams

Offline doodee

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2009, 01:00:38 AM »
Chris stands behind his gear and should be able to diagnose/fix any issues you got if they're mic specific.
An instrument that converts sound waves into an electric current >
an electronic amplifier which precedes another amplifier to prepare an electronic signal for further amplification or processing >
a device to capture an analog or digital source and store the encoded data in a digital format.

Offline printguy

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Taperssection Member
  • Rockin' in Toronto
    • hipfans.com
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2009, 07:07:06 AM »
Swap the left and right caps - does it become the right channel that doesn't record?
• CA-11 or CA-14 > Naiant TinyBox > Tascam DR-1
• Neumann KM184s > R-44

Offline su6oxone

• Trade Count: (38)
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2009, 09:08:13 AM »
Yeah sounds like a wire issue.  Drop Chris a PM and he'll probably ask you to send it to him for a free fix since he does have a lifetime warranty on all his products, even for non-original owners.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.059 seconds with 31 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com