Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Blue Kiwi Microphone Cable  (Read 2570 times)

Offline cybergaloot

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Poohbah!
Blue Kiwi Microphone Cable
« on: January 30, 2009, 03:08:52 PM »
Anybody had any experience with Blue Kiwi Microphone Cables? They are quad core twisted pairs with a copper-braided shield. Gold connectors. Any problems with them?
--
Walter

Everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects. Will Rogers

this>that>the other

Offline Teen Wolf Blitzer

• It's all ballbearings these days.
  • Trade Count: (6)
  • I am Rattus Norvegicus.
    • Support Festival Radio
Re: Blue Kiwi Microphone Cable
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2009, 03:34:42 PM »
I have a pair.  Nice feel to them and decent sound but cheap ass connectors.   >:(   Literally fall apart.  I need to get mine changed to Neutriks.  Wonder if Dark Train would do it?

Offline cybergaloot

• Poohbah!
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2009, 03:36:09 PM »
That was my worry, the connectors looked cheap in the picture I saw.
--
Walter

this>that>the other

Offline grtphl

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Taperssection Member
  • deadheadynugs
    • Free Live Music Archive - daja@dayjay
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2009, 05:37:34 PM »
I haven't had any issues with mine other than managing 40' of cables in my bag.  My connectors are holding up fine.  I've owned them for six months.  If you don't need cables 20' long, pass these up, imo.

Offline yug du nord

• ...til things never seen seem familiar…
  • Trade Count: (56)
  • made with natural flavor
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2009, 05:51:38 PM »
I've had a pair for the last year or so...  and have be happy with em...  except for the weight and amount of space they take up in my bag.  I haven't had any problems...  but I've been careful not to twist or bend the cables too much near the connectors.  I've read that can be a problem...  if too much twisting occurs near the XLR's...  the connections can break...  but can be easily fixed as well.  But if you can put some Neutik's on em...  solid. 

But like I've said...  I've had em for about a year, and have had no problems!  They are 20ft. long, heavy, and bulky though....  but fairly inexpensive as well...  good cables for the price IMO.  And you might be able to find em at your local pro-audio/sound shop...  at least in my area I can. 

I just picked up a set of Kind Kables...   and holy shite do they lighten up my bag A LOT!!!
.....got a blank space where my mind should be.....

Offline cybergaloot

• Poohbah!
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2009, 06:07:55 PM »
I've got two pair of Kind Kables and like them. They are my festival cables. They are too short for what I have in mind and wont separate far enough for the split omni's I want to run. Yeah, I could remove some of the techflex but I don't want to.

I'm looking for a set of 20 to 30 foot cables to leave in place at the club I record at most. I have a pair of Monster cables there now but am going to try out a new spot but don't want to take down the Monster cables because it involves climbing on the bar, etc. Those are going to stay put until I'm certain I wont use that spot again. I can pick up the Blue Kiwi cables locally, I don't want to mail order at this point or I'd get some Canare Quads off eBay. I haven't found a vendor for them here in Tallahassee that has them in stock. One thing I like about the Blue Kiwi's is that they aren't likely to get confused with the club's mic cables.
--
Walter

this>that>the other

Offline yug du nord

• ...til things never seen seem familiar…
  • Trade Count: (56)
  • made with natural flavor
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2009, 06:44:43 PM »
^^^Yep the Kiwi green can't be mistaken!  Sounds like a nice set up you have...  nice to leave cables in place...  very nice!  If you're somewhat careful with the XLR's...  these would probably be a good set of cables for your purpose.  They seem to be heavy duty and durable...  except for the connectors.
.....got a blank space where my mind should be.....

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.048 seconds with 31 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com