Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Anyone try windows 7  (Read 5690 times)

Offline H₂O

• Trade Count: (28)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: Anyone try windows 7
« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2009, 09:37:47 PM »

Here are the adaptec SCSI adapters supported with Windows 7:
http://ask.adaptec.com/scripts/adaptec_tic.cfg/php.exe/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=13250

And a search link on ebay:
http://shop.ebay.com/i.html?_nkw=adaptec%20(29320*%2C%2039320*%2C%202120*%2C%202200*)&_fln=1&_sc=1&_sop=10&_ssov=1&_sticky=1&_mPrRngCbx=1&_udlo=0&_udhi=125&_trksid=m194&ssPageName=STRK:MEFSRCHMODX:SRCH

There is a seller selling 39320's for BIN at $10 with $5 shipping - If you really need SCSI in Windows 7

not the point... and I do have scsi in win7; it's the fact that you can't install to it unless
you buy the u320 cards. u160 should still be supported period especially since
the drivers were there for vista.. which is how I got my u160 up and running in 7...
I mean my fricking ati remote wonder is supported and works right away with no user tweaks/downloads...
Granted it is a few years newer than u160 is.. (99 vs 03)
yet how many small business's still have servers with onboard u160 vs having a ATI remote wonder...

Looks like you may get your wish as Adaptec updated their support page stating that they would release U160 drivers for Win 7

I can understand why MS would not include U160 drivers in Win 7, sometimes you just got to move on.  It's not practical to update all the drivers for every device supported in your previous version while adding in newer devices (i.e. newer SATA/SAS controllers).

About businesses I think there are two things to note:
1. Most businesses I know are moving full steam to virtual environments and away from physical servers (with exception to some tasks such as DB) so driver support in guest OS's is less and less important
2. Most Business Servers leverage RAID controllers not standard SCSI and from my experience the drivers for these controllers tend to fade faster then Adaptec SCSI drivers - hardware companies build in obsolescence as they don't want to pay for the costs to support hardware 5-10 years old

The only reason I still run SCSI is for Audio capable DDS drive support and for me spending $15 bucks or so is ok.

« Last Edit: December 19, 2009, 09:50:02 PM by H2O »
Music can at the least least explain you and at the most expand you
LMA Recordings

List

Offline Əkoostikal

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Member
  • One of these days....
« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2009, 11:12:01 PM »
I have had no problem using some of the progs. already listed and have been running EAC and Pro Tools 8LE just fine on win. 7 for about 3 months now.
BONGWATER via Etree:

"Phil Keeps on growing, never even slowing, never really knowing all of the minds he's really blowing!!!!!"

Offline kbergend

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Taperssection Regular
« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2010, 06:55:09 PM »
I've been running Adobe Audition 3 and the Ozone 4 VST on the 64-bit versions of Windows 7 release candidate and then the production Win 7 Pro since last Spring with no problems (fewer issues than I experienced with Vista, at any rate).   You need to apply a 3.0.1 patch from Adobe for Audition to run on the x64 version.  Audition only runs as a 32-bit app, but the nice thing about x64 is I can run two instances of Audition to process large 24-bit files simultaneously on a Core i7 machine with multiple SATA drives and 12Gb of RAM - I use one drive for audio files and two others for workspace.  Handy when I have a lot of resampling or dithering to do.

Also installed Win 7 Home Premium x32 on my laptop and my wife's PC in November.  Much better UI and home networking implementation than Vista.  Only hardware/software I've had issues with is a HD-PVR TV capture device, still waiting for a Win 7 driver from Hauppauge. 
Keith from NY

Gefell M200/210, AKG 481/2/3, Milab DC-196 and VM-44 Link
Darktrain cables
Grace Lunatec V3, RME Fireface UFX
Tascam DR-680, Oade Concert R-44, Oade Concert PMD661, JoeCo BlackBox

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.058 seconds with 27 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com