Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Sony PCM-M10 (Part 3)  (Read 119906 times)

Offline bdasilva

• Trade Count: (12)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • Use to be a Fishhead
Re: Sony PCM-M10 (Part 3)
« Reply #195 on: August 23, 2010, 04:52:32 PM »
I just got the "free" case from Sony for my PCM-M10 in the mail    Sweetness
Cad E300S set.. AT822  AKG C 414 B-XLS/ST  
Dorsey-Mod MK-012 w/ O, C, H and RED L/D Caps
Superlux S502 ORTF   LSD2
Silverpath  Cables> 
Tascam DR-680MKii    DR- 680 (X2)   Tascam DR-40     Sound Devices USBPre    SONY  PMD-M10   Zoom F8

"Buy a Taper a Drink... Prime the Pumps of live Music"

On the "music" side of the "Music Business"

Offline illconditioned

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #196 on: August 23, 2010, 04:56:36 PM »
^^ Is there any way to buy this case?  Is there an order # or something?

Thanks,
  Richard

Please DO NOT mail me with tech questions.  I will try to answer in the forums when I get a chance.  Thanks.

Sample recordings at: http://www.soundmann.com.

Offline bucsab12

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Taperssection Regular
« Reply #197 on: August 23, 2010, 05:02:05 PM »
I also received it a couple of days ago and it is really great.

Here is a link for the case on B&H:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/667369-REG/Sony_LCPCM_M10G_LCPCMM10G_Carrying_Case_for.html#features

I just wanted to say that if it wasn't for free, I would never have paid $30 for it.

It is nice but too small and you can't really fit anything inside it other than the recorder.

Offline bdasilva

• Taperssection All-Star
  • Use to be a Fishhead
« Reply #198 on: August 23, 2010, 05:15:13 PM »
Its not small.. Its compact... Its not like you need to bring tapes or batteries... It does have room for a shitload of micro-sds  It has a nice "molded" feel and  would really help from a reasonable drop.
Silverpath  Cables> 
Tascam DR-680MKii    DR- 680 (X2)   Tascam DR-40     Sound Devices USBPre    SONY  PMD-M10   Zoom F8

Offline ironbut

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
« Reply #199 on: August 23, 2010, 05:19:47 PM »
I totally forgot about that free case,.. in any event, I have a couple of those cloth pouches that came with the last two hi mini disc recorders I bought and I kinda like using that. I have a butt pack that I've used for years for carrying my stealth gear (and my flask!). I have a couple of strips of the hook side of velcro inside the main compartment and that cloth pouch attaches to the hook securely. With the opening of the cloth pouch right at the top and attached to front and back of the compartment I can slip the M10 in and out and it's always in an upright position (I also don't have to worry about it getting scratched by the zipper).

Regarding micro SDHC cards, I bought a couple of Class 4 "TopRam" 16G cards on Amazon for around $32 each. I've run them through their paces and they seem to work great. One came with a USB card reader and I can transfer the files to my Mac pretty fast (using the M10 is much slower). I imagine that the class 6 cards should be even faster but when I transfered 8G it only took under 5 minutes so that's fast enough for me.
BTW, the card reader is a super cheap one and it's a pain to get the cards out without a pair of tweezers. Any recommendations for a nice one?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003C2SQ9K/ref=oss_product

Offline bucsab12

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Taperssection Regular
« Reply #200 on: August 23, 2010, 05:49:12 PM »
Its not small.. Its compact... Its not like you need to bring tapes or batteries... It does have room for a shitload of micro-sds  It has a nice "molded" feel and  would really help from a reasonable drop.

Don't get me wrong, I think it is a nice case but I was hoping it would be large enough so I'll at least be able to fit my CA-14 mics inside.

Offline bdasilva

• Taperssection All-Star
  • Use to be a Fishhead
« Reply #201 on: August 23, 2010, 07:42:44 PM »
I can see that...
Silverpath  Cables> 

Offline mattmiller

• Trade Count: (20)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #202 on: August 23, 2010, 08:47:36 PM »

Don't get me wrong, I think it is a nice case but I was hoping it would be large enough so I'll at least be able to fit my CA-14 mics inside.

Interesting.  I was actually a little bummed about it because it seems too big to me.  But then I acknowledged that it was created for someone to carry the M10 around in by itself, so it's probably appropriate for that purpose.  For my (and I assumed a lot of tapers') purpose, it seems a little bulky and takes up more room in my gear bag than I had hoped.  Something just big enough to hold the M10 and keep it from getting scratched in the bag would be perfect.
Mics: Neumann KM100 (x4), AK40 (x2), AK50 (x2)
Pre: Lunatec V3
Recorders: Tascam DR-680, Tascam HD-P2 (x2), Sony PCM-M10

Offline mloewen

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #203 on: August 23, 2010, 09:17:25 PM »
http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/ntKb8-lHW9l-Kov9Yo7TciI0AoQZhXPz1uA9la5S-CU?feat=directlink

I got these from Woot recently and the case that came with it fits my PMC-10 perfectly. Not bad headphones either.   Able Planet True Fidelity Sound Isolation Earphones with Linx Audio - SI300W or SI300B

Offline Artstar

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #204 on: August 23, 2010, 09:50:43 PM »
I'm still using the old Servired leather case from my old MZ-R50 beast because I need the belt loop and it's even more compact than what the LPCM-10 case appears to be. It's the best thing I have at the moment for stealthing. I don't say perfect because the top leather flap only just reaches over to the velcro on the other half of the case to close it and I always have it open when I'm plugged in anyway so I can monitor the -12dB LEDs from time to time.

Offline ts

• Trade Count: (81)
« Reply #205 on: August 24, 2010, 09:57:34 AM »

Interesting.  I was actually a little bummed about it because it seems too big to me.  But then I acknowledged that it was created for someone to carry the M10 around in by itself, so it's probably appropriate for that purpose.  For my (and I assumed a lot of tapers') purpose, it seems a little bulky and takes up more room in my gear bag than I had hoped.  Something just big enough to hold the M10 and keep it from getting scratched in the bag would be perfect.

I use this one: http://www.thenerds.net/AVENUES_SWISS_ARMY_GEAR.SwissGear_WA_7871_02F00_Camera_Case_Neoprene_Black.WA787102F00.html?affid=27

Got it at Best Buy. ;)

Offline mloewen

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #206 on: August 24, 2010, 10:40:27 AM »
I actually have numerous cases I use with my PCM -10 depending on the situation. Most of I got at local Dollar Tree. I have one that fits the recorder and Ca-14s in a seperate part. It worked great getting into Rush last week . I showed the back of the recorder and said "cell phone" and in another pouch on my belt I had my Church 9100 and showed the back bottom and said camera. Now if I hadnt screwed up the recording it would have been perfect

Offline Belexes

• Trade Count: (10)
« Reply #207 on: August 24, 2010, 11:06:10 AM »
^ You showed security your gear  :o
Busman Audio BSC1-K1/K2/K3/K4 > HiHo Silver XLR's > Deck TBD

CA-14 (c,o)/MM-HLSC-1 (4.7k mod)/AT853(4.7k mod)(c,o,h,sc)/CAFS (o)/CA-1 (o) > CA-9100 (V. 4.1)/CA-9200/CA-UBB > Sony PCM-D50/Sony PCM-M10

Offline udovdh

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #208 on: August 24, 2010, 12:33:45 PM »
^ You showed security your gear  :o
Yes, that's balls!
Hiding stuff in plain sight.

Offline Artstar

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #209 on: August 24, 2010, 01:18:24 PM »
Yes, that's balls!
Hiding stuff in plain sight.

Heheh. At least it's believable with a PCM-M10. Imagine my surprise with my PCM-D50 when security did the magic wand scan and didn't even question the massive brick I was holding in my left hand along with my mics wrapped around it! I was going to use the excuse that it was a massive old walkman I had from work but seriously, nobody even bat an eyelid and that's happened three times now.

I feel much safer with the PCM-M10 now and can definitely just call it my MP3 player for the train ride home. :)

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.086 seconds with 40 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com