Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: SD 788T outputs active during recording?  (Read 2048 times)

Offline AB52

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
SD 788T outputs active during recording?
« on: February 06, 2011, 06:38:13 PM »
I could just call Sound Devices and ask them- not sure from reading the manual.  But I assume that the outputs are active while recording into the inputs.

The reason I ask is that I may want to use its pres for some live work, while it is recording.

Best,
AB

Offline datbrad

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: SD 788T outputs active during recording?
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2011, 07:33:17 PM »
The outputs are active on the other 7 series units, so I assume that applies to the 788.

Just a friendly suggestion, the search function on this forum will supply you with threads that beat the topics to death that you have been asking about here. FYI............
AKG C460B w/CK61/CK63>Luminous Monarch XLRs>SD MP-1(x2)>Luminous Monarch XLRs>PMD661(Oade WMOD)

Beyer M201>Luminous Monarch XLRs>PMD561 (Oade CMOD)

Offline AB52

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
Re: SD 788T outputs active during recording?
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2011, 08:22:35 PM »
Thanks for your friendly suggestion, but frankly this thread has not been answered for sure as the 788T might stand on its own, though I would guess not.  But who wants to guess on a $6000 unit?   I will call Sound Devices tomorrow to know for sure.  And my thread about comparing the Tascam HS-P82 with the 788t by an actual user - I was not able to find much on that either with the search engine.

And even my thread on the mixpre needed an update with the USBpre2 being out and the new line of portable recorders available.

Nevertheless, I am new here - and I will be cautious not to post something that has been beaten to death.

I think this is a great forum and I would not want to degrade it in any manner.

Thanks,
AB

The outputs are active on the other 7 series units, so I assume that applies to the 788.

Just a friendly suggestion, the search function on this forum will supply you with threads that beat the topics to death that you have been asking about here. FYI............

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.05 seconds with 27 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com