Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: DVD battery converter 9volts to 5volts  (Read 2275 times)

kirk97132

• Trade Count: (0)
DVD battery converter 9volts to 5volts
« on: October 29, 2013, 05:19:37 PM »
I have built a prototype converter for myself to ba able to use my 9 volt DVD battery to power a 5volt preamp (USBPre2).  I am going to be road testing it this weekend.  It should be delivering 5volts/~1amp.  Big advantages: small in size, could probably do it in a project box that wuold allow for multiple hookups. IE: two usb jacks or pass thru 9volt and usb jacks or any combination including hot swap ability of DVD battery.  It will also be able to handle 12 volt batteries too.  Could also be set up as hardwired (no usb jacks) to be plugged into unit of your choice.  This set up will also have no heat concerns.   I can't quite commit until I test it out but If all goes well I would be willing to build some if there was interest.  I'll keep you posted and let you know results.  I am not gonna post pictures of the prototype because it will be butt ugly and only put together to use and test not as a regular piece. Rest assured if it gets built it will be a clean looking little piece.  If there is interest let me know so I can start thinking about the build

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.04 seconds with 23 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com