Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Sony PCM-A10 (Part 2)  (Read 129707 times)

Offline gmm6797

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Schoeps MK4 > nBoxPlat > Sony A10/SDMixPre6/SD 722
    • Homepage
Re: Sony PCM-A10 (Part 2)
« Reply #510 on: February 05, 2023, 08:24:36 PM »
I have two A-10s.  Neither will connect to Bluetooth on a Samsung A51.  Anyone else have this issue with Samsung phones?

On my old Samsung Note 20 and my S22 Ultra, the BT would not connect unless I joined them by NFC first.  I would give that a try.  Once NFC joined the A10 to the phone, the BT connections were always fine after.

Offline Twenty8

• Trade Count: (13)
  • Taperssection Member
  • Heading for a better thesis
« Reply #511 on: February 07, 2023, 10:08:22 AM »
I have two A-10s.  Neither will connect to Bluetooth on a Samsung A51.  Anyone else have this issue with Samsung phones?

On my old Samsung Note 20 and my S22 Ultra, the BT would not connect unless I joined them by NFC first.  I would give that a try.  Once NFC joined the A10 to the phone, the BT connections were always fine after.
I'll give it another shot today.  I went through all the steps as outlined in an online manual I found.  I even removed both owners' devices from the A10.  I would love to say this is not an issue, and I can just run the device like my M10 as I did a few days ago, but I have a show on Saturday where I will have on-stage/at soundboard/and a soundboard feed.  The ability to not have to go into the sbd cage to check the device will be extremely useful.
Open/Closed ~ AT U853 (subc, h, c, o):
Decks ~ MixPre 6ii, A10, M10
Pres ~ 2x Oade mod UA-5 (W+, ACM+)
Also ~ Line Audio CM3/CM4/OM1 : AT3031 : AT831 : DR2D

Offline guitard

• Trade Count: (8)
« Reply #512 on: February 08, 2023, 10:22:10 AM »

Back on page 16 of this thread, I made this post about the same issue, but with an iPhone:  https://taperssection.com/index.php?topic=192371.msg2366391#msg2366391

tl;dr: An Apple Store tech discovered the bluetooth connection problem all came down to a setting deep in one of the A10 menus.  I've never owned anything but an iPhone, so I don't know much about Samsung phones and after service, etc.  But if there is something like a Samsung Store somewhere, perhaps you could take it there to see if they can figure it out.
Mics: Schoeps MK41s & MK41Vs >:D
Pre-amps: BabyNbox & Platinum Nbox
Deck: Sony A10

Video: Canon HF G70 (4K), Sony FDR AX100 (4K), Pany ZS100 (4K)
Photo: Canon EOS 7D w/ Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L is III USM

A/V software: Sony Vegas Pro 18 (build 527) 64 bit / DVD Architect Pro 6.0 (build 237)

Offline kozakz

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Taperssection Regular
« Reply #513 on: February 09, 2023, 12:53:07 PM »
When I put the Sony A10 on a rolled up microphone cable with P48 the periodic click start to happen. If I remove from the cables the click disappear.

Tested with AT3032 - Klotz cabels - Littlebox - Sony A10

This continous clicking happened to me only once when I left my mobile home and adjusted the recoding volume manually.
sounds like the cables may be the issue, have you tried to duplicate this with a different recorder?

I tried again. Sony A10 clicking. Sony M10 no issues. I experienced the same problem with a Neumann SKM150 kit. When I put the A10 on the folded Neumann active cables the A10 starts to click. When I move away a little the click disappears.

Offline morst

• I think I found an error on the internet; #UnionStrong
« Reply #514 on: February 09, 2023, 07:19:41 PM »
I tried again. Sony A10 clicking. Sony M10 no issues. I experienced the same problem with a Neumann SKM150 kit. When I put the A10 on the folded Neumann active cables the A10 starts to click. When I move away a little the click disappears.
Ever since I got my MixPre6, I quit using my Neumann "Active Cable" kit after I discovered the noise while using my previous workhorse DR70D!
The Neumann remote cables are actually unbalanced, as I understand it.

It's been so long, that I forgot, but yeah those Neumann cables seemed very susceptible to noise.

When you connect up the M10, can you generate noise in the cables by powering up a nearby A10??
https://toad.social/@morst spoutible.com/morst post.news/@acffhmorst

Offline ald0s

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #515 on: February 18, 2023, 06:17:05 PM »
Hi all,
Does any have or know of a silicon "bumper" case for the A10, like a phone case? I end up throwing mine in the bag and gets treated pretty roughly picking up wild lines for documentaries. I'd love a rubber shell with a lanyard loop.

Offline loughney

• Taperssection Member
    • YouTube show clips
« Reply #516 on: February 19, 2023, 02:29:14 PM »
Hi all,
Does any have or know of a silicon "bumper" case for the A10, like a phone case? I end up throwing mine in the bag and gets treated pretty roughly picking up wild lines for documentaries. I'd love a rubber shell with a lanyard loop.
Lots of options on Amazon, but I'd even think any kind of eyeglass case / cover could work as well.

https://www.amazon.com/sony-voice-recorder-case/s?k=sony+voice+recorder+case

Offline ald0s

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #517 on: February 19, 2023, 07:40:50 PM »
Hi all,
Lots of options on Amazon, but I'd even think any kind of eyeglass case / cover could work as well.

https://www.amazon.com/sony-voice-recorder-case/s?k=sony+voice+recorder+case

I dont want a case to remove it from, I want a body formed rubber protection like a phone case that I can operate it in. Thanks for the suggestions though!

Offline morst

• I think I found an error on the internet; #UnionStrong
« Reply #518 on: February 21, 2023, 06:15:16 AM »

I dont want a case to remove it from, I want a body formed rubber protection like a phone case that I can operate it in. Thanks for the suggestions though!
https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1621828-REG/porta_brace_ar_pcma10_universal_audio_case_for.html

Way larger than the form-fitting thing I'm picturing, but .. are you a fan of Portabrace? Expensive rip-stop nylon and clear sections and you can run it in the thing.
Fairly weather-resistant but don't go nuts.

"Made from durable denier cordura, the case features touch-fastener pockets, a clear vinyl control and meter access panel, and a shoulder strap."
https://toad.social/@morst spoutible.com/morst post.news/@acffhmorst

Offline GNRrockslife

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #519 on: February 26, 2023, 12:09:41 PM »
I had a problem with my A10 last weekend while taping that I couldn't figure out my way around. While recording, it would continuously go into paused recording mode on it's own, recording and pausing sometimes every few seconds. I noticed it monitoring my recording via the iOS app. During the intermission I went out to check my A10 and sure enough it was constantly going into paused recording mode. The show to the point of the intermission was about 45-50 mins and I had roughly 100 different files during that time - in some instances up to six in the same minute. If I started the recording directly on my A10 same result, if I unplugged the rest of my gear and went with the internal mics same result, nothing seemed to fix it. Battery was fully charged at the start of the night and I had about 12 hours of recording time available on the internal memory.

Anybody seen a problem like this before? I've had my A10 for almost 18 months and it's been nothing but smooth sailing so far. I'm particularly disappointed this happened when it did, as it was a special one-off show the artist did with a local orchestra.

Offline loughney

• Taperssection Member
    • YouTube show clips
« Reply #520 on: February 26, 2023, 10:13:05 PM »
I had a problem with my A10 last weekend while taping that I couldn't figure out my way around. While recording, it would continuously go into paused recording mode on it's own, recording and pausing sometimes every few seconds. I noticed it monitoring my recording via the iOS app. During the intermission I went out to check my A10 and sure enough it was constantly going into paused recording mode. The show to the point of the intermission was about 45-50 mins and I had roughly 100 different files during that time - in some instances up to six in the same minute. If I started the recording directly on my A10 same result, if I unplugged the rest of my gear and went with the internal mics same result, nothing seemed to fix it. Battery was fully charged at the start of the night and I had about 12 hours of recording time available on the internal memory.

Anybody seen a problem like this before? I've had my A10 for almost 18 months and it's been nothing but smooth sailing so far. I'm particularly disappointed this happened when it did, as it was a special one-off show the artist did with a local orchestra.
I had a problem like that on my Tascam DR-07x. There was an auto recording mode, where the recorder would start / stop if the volume went below a certain level. I'd have to look at my A10 to see if there is a setting like that.

Offline Ozpeter

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #521 on: February 27, 2023, 06:01:03 AM »

[/quote]I had a problem like that on my Tascam DR-07x. There was an auto recording mode, where the recorder would start / stop if the volume went below a certain level. I'd have to look at my A10 to see if there is a setting like that.
[/quote]

I wouldn't have thought of that but is does seem highly likely!

Offline nulldogmas

• Trade Count: (6)
  • Taperssection All-Star
    • How I Escaped My Uncertain Fate
« Reply #522 on: February 27, 2023, 08:36:51 AM »

I had a problem like that on my Tascam DR-07x. There was an auto recording mode, where the recorder would start / stop if the volume went below a certain level. I'd have to look at my A10 to see if there is a setting like that.
[/quote]

I wouldn't have thought of that but is does seem highly likely!
[/quote]

Yep, great catch. GNRrockslife, looks you should check to see if you accidentally turned on the VOR function:

https://helpguide.sony.net/icd/pcma10/v1/en2/contents/TP0001668792.html

Offline GNRrockslife

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #523 on: February 27, 2023, 10:06:28 PM »
Thanks for the suggestions. I just checked my settings and VOR is still off. However my A10 seems fine right now, iI just let it run as a test for about 10 minutes and it recorded the whole time  ???

Offline nxb

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #524 on: May 08, 2023, 08:40:01 AM »
My trusty old M10 has finally died so I've got an A10 on order, arriving Wednesday.

I've been using the M10 with CA-14 Cards mic-in for a long time now with good results, would I be able to use the CA-14 cards in mic-in with the A10 and still get good results?

I've also got a new CA-9200 preamp, would it be better to use the pre amp and audio in?

I tape exclusively stealth and in small venues up to about 400 capacity max.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.172 seconds with 39 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com