Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: playback-pr0n  (Read 57769 times)

Offline Tim

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: playback-pr0n
« Reply #120 on: April 18, 2005, 10:12:20 PM »
I can't wait to have room for a real rack... I really want to get my amp out in the open and show it off....
I’ve had a few weird experiences and a few close brushes with total weirdness of one sort or another, but nothing that’s really freaked me out or made me feel too awful about it. - Jerry Garcia

Offline nickgregory

• Admitted Jeter Homer
  • Trade Count: (2)
    • Hurricanes Insider
« Reply #121 on: April 18, 2005, 10:14:04 PM »
I can't wait to have room for a real rack... I really want to get my amp out in the open and show it off....

just go ahead and marry the girl, buy the house with the white picket fence, then you will be there with the rest of us...where you can argue about whether you need the rack and where you are "allowed" to put it...all while calling it a compromise :P

Offline Tim

« Reply #122 on: April 18, 2005, 10:16:25 PM »
I'm pretty close to that anyway :P
I’ve had a few weird experiences and a few close brushes with total weirdness of one sort or another, but nothing that’s really freaked me out or made me feel too awful about it. - Jerry Garcia

Offline EScott

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #123 on: April 18, 2005, 10:54:42 PM »
"I'm pretty close to that anyway"

:'( :'( :'( :'(
"You know the type loud as a motor bike
But wouldn't bust a grape in a fruit fight"

Offline L Ron Hoover

• "I figure the odds be 50/50"
« Reply #124 on: April 18, 2005, 11:15:24 PM »
Nice rack Nick. Errrr did I just say that? :P ;D

Offline Tim

« Reply #125 on: April 19, 2005, 11:57:26 AM »
"I'm pretty close to that anyway"

:'( :'( :'( :'(

I didn't mean close to getting married, just that I'm getting bossed around like I'm already married

Offline BCostigan

• I can resist everything except temptation
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Loose Lucy is my delight
    • GranitePhotography
« Reply #126 on: April 19, 2005, 02:58:02 PM »

I didn't mean close to getting married, just that I'm getting bossed around like I'm already married

Who says the milk's free?  ;) :D
"A Hippie is someone who walks like Tarzan, looks like Jane, and smells like Cheetah."  ~Ronald Reagan

Offline pfife

• Emperor of Ticketucky
  • I love/hate tickets.
« Reply #127 on: April 19, 2005, 02:59:10 PM »
 :D

+t
Tickets are dead to me.  Except the ones I have, don't have, and lost.  Not to mention the ones you have, don't have, and lost.   And the ones that other dude has, doesn't have, and lost.  Let me know if you need some tickets, I'm happy to oblige. 

Tickets >>>>>>>> Oxygen

Offline Daryan

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #128 on: April 20, 2005, 09:25:36 PM »
Scott, to answer your question, my new speakers are rear ported, so I was figuring to maximize bass performance without the need for a sub, which I really don't like anyway with neighbors and all, that moving them closer to the wall would maximize the low end.  I supose I could be nuts though.  Moke, how much does such a thing cost?  I couldn't find prices, though after glancing through the latest stereophile this evening, I am sure 20k or so ;)
Microtech Gefell 200/210->Zaolla Silverlines->Fostex FR-2 (oade modified plus other self mods)

Playback: Bolder modified Squeezebox SB3 (building linear power supply)->Bolder Cable Modified Panasonic XR-45 with bybee's->Bolder Nitro speaker cables->VMPS Audio super modified 626r's, VMPS Larger SUB, 1000w class AB sub amp
Tweaks: isolation and room treatments, silclear, BPT 1.5r Power Conditioner (modified), isoblocks, vibrapods, many others

Offline carlbeck

• Trade Count: (14)
« Reply #129 on: April 25, 2005, 08:02:31 PM »
Did someone mention tubes??? I have been loving my Bat, someday when my wife & I find a house that we both agree on (fat chance so far  ::) ) I will get another so I can save on home heating costs.
I know you like, tape for people's approval and stuff, and wave your tapes around like they're your dick...  but even you can't actually think section tapes from philips sound good.  

Mics: Telefunken Elam 260, 61, 62, MBHO KA200, KA500 > Niant PFA's, AKG C34L-MS
Preamps: Grace Lunatec V2, Shure FP24
Decks: Tascam DR-2d, Zoom F8

Old rig: Recording: AKG C34 & AKG CK1X or CK2X > MK46 > 460 > Aeta Mix2000 > Sound Devices 702

Playback: Thorens TD125, Denon DVD-2900> Bel Canto DAC-1 > Audible Illusions 3B > Rogue Atlas >ZU Wax Shotgun> Hyperion 938
ALL TUBES BABY!!!

Offline macdaddy

• Trade Count: (10)
« Reply #130 on: April 25, 2005, 08:04:23 PM »
damn carl!!!
-macdaddy ++

akg c422 > s42 > lunatec v2 > ad2k+ > roland r-44

Offline Tim

« Reply #131 on: April 25, 2005, 08:04:56 PM »
:drool:

Offline carlbeck

• Trade Count: (14)
« Reply #132 on: April 25, 2005, 08:07:17 PM »
I absolutely love it, you think the picture is big you have to see it in person, 95 lbs!! It takes two of us to move it, seriously. It will warm the room up to the point that the heat shuts off in the winter, no joke. Make a fist & look down at it, the rear tubes are bigger than your fist.
I know you like, tape for people's approval and stuff, and wave your tapes around like they're your dick...  but even you can't actually think section tapes from philips sound good.  

Mics: Telefunken Elam 260, 61, 62, MBHO KA200, KA500 > Niant PFA's, AKG C34L-MS
Preamps: Grace Lunatec V2, Shure FP24
Decks: Tascam DR-2d, Zoom F8

Old rig: Recording: AKG C34 & AKG CK1X or CK2X > MK46 > 460 > Aeta Mix2000 > Sound Devices 702

Playback: Thorens TD125, Denon DVD-2900> Bel Canto DAC-1 > Audible Illusions 3B > Rogue Atlas >ZU Wax Shotgun> Hyperion 938
ALL TUBES BABY!!!

Offline Tim

« Reply #133 on: April 25, 2005, 08:28:10 PM »
I absolutely love it, you think the picture is big you have to see it in person, 95 lbs!! It takes two of us to move it, seriously. It will warm the room up to the point that the heat shuts off in the winter, no joke. Make a fist & look down at it, the rear tubes are bigger than your fist.

holy crap...

that is fuggin cool 8)

Offline macdaddy

• Trade Count: (10)
« Reply #134 on: April 25, 2005, 08:29:33 PM »

holy crap...

that is fuggin cool 8)

qft
-macdaddy ++

akg c422 > s42 > lunatec v2 > ad2k+ > roland r-44

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.177 seconds with 40 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com