Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: if you need Mac video help  (Read 3418 times)

Offline willndmb

• Trade Count: (17)
  • Needs to get out more...
if you need Mac video help
« on: July 15, 2005, 10:58:22 PM »
LMK
I have made a good number of dvds using Macs and their programs
so its something i can give advice on and give back a littel since i have been "taking" for days now
Mics - AKG ck61/ck63 (c480b & Naiant actives), SP-BMC-2
XLR Cables - Silver Path w/Darktrain stubbies
Interconnect Cables - Dogstar (XLR), Darktrain (RCA > 1/8) (1/8 > 1/8), and Kind Kables (1/8f > 1/4)
Preamps - Naiant Littlebox & Tinybox
Recorders - PCM-M10 & DR-60D

Offline allan

• Trade Count: (8)
  • Taperssection Member
    • enclave media
Re: if you need Mac video help
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2005, 11:03:44 PM »
heres one for ya....

i have a dual 2.5 G5 and i use apples prod. suite, i need to get photos from a show onto my video timeline to cover up dropouts in my video. Something like on the Led Zep dvds is what i had in mind.... how do i do that?  thanks

Offline willndmb

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2005, 11:57:08 AM »
heres one for ya....

i have a dual 2.5 G5 and i use apples prod. suite, i need to get photos from a show onto my video timeline to cover up dropouts in my video. Something like on the Led Zep dvds is what i had in mind.... how do i do that?  thanks
ok
you need to do it in FCP vs DVDSP
the downside to FCP compaired to iMovie is that you can not drag and drop as easy as in iMovie
but you do it that same basically in both--at least in this case to cover up dropped frames/fill in where the camera was turned off whatever

you will need to have the video in the timeline at the bottom of the screen
you will need to have the photos in your aspects, the video file will also be listed there

goto the spot in the timeline where you want to insert the photo
cut the video into two -- the tool looks like a razor blade with a line kinda
drag and drop the photo in between the two video files

now the pain in the ass part is going to be if you already dubbed the audio or if you have no audio at all to dubb
i assume you have audio dubb though otherwise a dropped frame wouldn't be to big of a deal because the audio would have dropped as well
when you cut the video it will prob cut the audio as well and inserting the photo will move the audio up with the video
sooo
you need to make sure that the audio doesn't move otherwise you will still not match up right and adding the photo will not have fixed your problem

i hope this makes sence
and personally in this case you might be better off doing it in iMovie and exporting to FCP
that way the photo will be built right into the video file and the audio and everything
Interconnect Cables - Dogstar (XLR), Darktrain (RCA > 1/8) (1/8 > 1/8), and Kind Kables (1/8f > 1/4)

wilsondmb

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2005, 01:47:28 AM »
[q

the downside to FCP compaired to iMovie is that you can not drag and drop as easy as in iMovie
but you do it that same basically in both--at least in this case to cover up dropped frames/fill in where the camera was turned off whatever

i hope this makes sence
and personally in this case you might be better off doing it in iMovie and exporting to FCP
that way the photo will be built right into the video file and the audio and everything

what the fuck :lol ...imovie is for fucking soccer moms....this can easily be done in final cut pro.....just add a seperate video angle... import as an asset and just drag it in ...

better off doing it in imovie and importing to final cut...thats fucking classic !

Offline t34mbtp

• Local Crew
  • Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Regular
  • Team "BTP" CO-Founder.
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2005, 11:31:04 AM »
heh heh heh heh heh sounds mactastic! no press delete and start over again! hartee har har
NO "I" in T34m Brauh.

Offline willndmb

« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2005, 09:31:56 PM »
[q

i hope this makes sence

what the fuck :lol ...imovie is for fucking soccer moms....this can easily be done in final cut pro.....just add a seperate video angle... import as an asset and just drag it in ...

better off doing it in imovie and importing to final cut...thats fucking classic !
making 2 angles and setting them to switch for a image to appear when there is a dropped frame would be way more work then inserting it in place
which is done easier in iMovie then FCP imo

however if its already dubbed then its prob a toss up as to which would be easier/faster

wilsondmb

« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2005, 12:33:39 AM »
why would you ever make a video that had dropped frames ?  haven't ever heard of anyone having dv's droping frames

actually the best way would be to just slow down that part....or ad a fade ...or better yet use footage from another part of the show over the bad spot....better than a pic...

Offline willndmb

« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2005, 12:15:57 PM »
why would you ever make a video that had dropped frames ?  haven't ever heard of anyone having dv's droping frames

actually the best way would be to just slow down that part....or ad a fade ...or better yet use footage from another part of the show over the bad spot....better than a pic...
i know lots of dvs with dropped frames

i find usually the dropped frames in dv footage comes from dirty heads and/or reused tapes
i have tried to convert vids for others and the tape was so "dirty" that my camera had a error message pop up saying i needed to clean the heads
often times if its really bad you will see the picture "block up" too

here is an example of one i just looked at for someone and you can hear there are dropped frames all over
http://www.angelfire.com/music6/willndmb/mp3.html

on a side note slowing down the video to match the audio is one thing i have never done--how can that be done with fcp or express?

Offline cabbage

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2005, 01:30:38 PM »
I have a bunch of projects I need to finish. 
From Autumn To Ashes
Local H
Jimmie's Chicken Shack

anyone want to help me out?

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.06 seconds with 33 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com