Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: SP-CMC-19  (Read 2508 times)

Offline J.Maye

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Formerly Phan2001
SP-CMC-19
« on: August 18, 2005, 06:53:05 PM »
So I saw this today:
http://www.soundprofessionals.com/cgi-bin/gold/item/SP-CMC-19
I read the other topics on these mics and I still have a few questions. Im going to be primarly patching, but I want something for those rare shows where Im the only taper and I cant get a board patch. From what Ive read these mics dont seem TOOOOO bad. I had 2 questions:

1. Does this really need the extra battery pack if Im running it out of a JB3?  Im actualy curious if the out on the jb3 can adaquately power these mics. Also, Im assuming mic in if I go straight from mic>jb3 or(would line in sound better?) If Im going sp-cmc-19>hosa 276 can I run these mics into a coax to go to my hosa? Is this the right way to go about this so I can get the best signal?

2. How would the  SP-CMC-19 >hosa odl 276>jb3 sound? Is it posible to run these mics through this a/d or do I NEED a pre-amp as well?

Im not looking to get anything too crazy yet. The other thing I was looking at was the AKG c1000s but Im thinking the  SP-CMC-19  could get me by for now. Any thoughts? At this price it's going to be hard to say no. Thanks

One last thing, I didnt put this under mics cause a/d the power ? too. Thanks again.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2005, 10:43:05 PM by phan2001 »
AKG CK91/92/93/94>mk93/h98>se300b>BM2P+ua5>M10
Or
CA ST11 (C,O)>9100>M10
Busman T mod R4

Offline Humbug

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Humbug Hum Rejection Unit
    • Trading site
Re: SP-CMC-19
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2005, 06:54:43 AM »
1. Does this really need the extra battery pack if Im running it out of a JB3?  Im actualy curious if the out on the jb3 can adaquately power these mics. Also, Im assuming mic in if I go straight from mic>jb3 or(would line in sound better?) If Im going sp-cmc-19>hosa 276 can I run these mics into a coax to go to my hosa? Is this the right way to go about this so I can get the best signal?

Only a partial answer, since I don't want to guess at stuff I don't know about:

http://taperssection.com/index.php?topic=16338.0

* poor mic-in performance compared to portable DATs (though you shouldn't be running mic-in, anyway)

General concensus seems to be not to do it, and that you need a mic+battery box (or pre-amp etc) with the Nomad JB3.

Humbug
UK based taper: MK4>Nbox Platinum>PCM-M10
AT853C>CA9200 / PIPsqueak>Tascam DR-2D

http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/Humbug66

urobouros

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2005, 12:00:48 PM »
I used these mics with a minidisk once and was not happy with the results.  You will definitely want a battery box.  I recommend the SP-SPSB-6 from sound pros.  If you're on more of a budget, check out Church-Audio on ebay.  Once you get past the all caps bullshit, his stuff is alright for the price.  He's got a K-mary version of sound pro's box for, I think, about half as much.  The mics are prety decent for the price point and size.

Offline itook2much

• Taperssection All-Star
  • AKA rspencer
    • my masters
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2005, 03:49:32 PM »
I used these mics with a minidisk once and was not happy with the results.

I'm very happy with the recordings I've made with the omni version (SP-BMC-2), but I've never used the cards.

You will definitely want a battery box.

I second that.  Whether you go with MD, Hi-MD, JB3, DAT, etc., you're gonna need to power the mics w/ more than plug-in to be able to handle the volume.
DPA 4060 (CS HEB) > CS BB > Edirol R-09

Backups:  DPA 4060 (1/8"), SP-BMC-2, SP-SPSB-6, Sony MZ-NH1

Quote from: tomluvsgiants
rule #1 - get the show taped
rule #2 - see rule #1    >:D

Quote from: Grace Hopper
“If it's a good idea, go ahead and do it. It's much easier to apologize than it is to get permission.”

Offline dajmno

• Taperssection Newbie
    • Recording site
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2006, 12:41:56 AM »
How would these mics fair in the following configuration:

SP-CMC-19 > Core Sound Attenuator Cable (20db) Sony MZ-RH10 via the Mic Input.

I already own the attenuator cable, and from what I read the mic input on the RH10 does a fair job at powering the mics, but can be overloaded at times, thus use of an att. cable.

Thoughts?

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.066 seconds with 29 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com