Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: MP3 player style "PVR" recorder for patching (no lense) ??  (Read 1938 times)

Offline Scuba Jeremy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Member
  • "Ugh, is that digi noise?"
MP3 player style "PVR" recorder for patching (no lense) ??
« on: July 23, 2006, 03:07:25 AM »
I'm looking for some suggestions on a Personal Video Recorder device. I found myself in a situation where I would really have loved to have made a digital video tape from a kick ass source - the HD camera setup that was feeding the trinitrons at a Bon Jovi concert at Soldiers Field in Chicago. The band that I archive for was opening the show, and were told "hey, if you have a video camera or something, I can patch you guys into the video mixer". D'OH! I got a great audio tape, but could have gotten an amazing, authorized video tape as well. As the band gets bigger, we'll want to start taping video performances, too.

Short of buying a camcorder, does anyone reccomend any MP3 stye recorder that will simply patch a video source and take DVD quality recordings, perhaps to a hard drive or Compact Flash setup? I get the impression a decent PVR will run $200 or so, while a camcorder would go closer to $400 or $600.

Thanks in advance, let me know if this concept is just crazy, or if anyone here does anything like this.

Offline bconnolly

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • Serious Business
    • Serious Business
Re: MP3 player style "PVR" recorder for patching (no lense) ??
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2006, 03:40:49 PM »
I guess you could do that but it all depends on what kind of outputs the video mixer has.  If it doesn't have a data-cable output (i.e. it's not spitting out ones and zeros) then it's not going to record anything.  I think this kind of thing would vary between different equipment.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.056 seconds with 26 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com