Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Portable Mic Stand Recommendation  (Read 18687 times)

Offline Gizby

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
Re: Portable Mic Stand Recommendation
« Reply #60 on: December 16, 2006, 02:12:03 PM »
Time to resurrect.

I have the opportunity to buy a Shure S15A for a good price. I can't find much info about it online. Can anyone give me good reason not to pick it up? Thanks.

I just bought a used S15. I haven't used it yet, but it's light, fairly compact and has the right height adjustments. As far as info...what are you looking for? There are a few places that have these cheaper then Sweetwater if you are seriously considering though. Here is one from Performance Audio for $25 cheaper and includes free shipping: http://www.performanceaudio.com/cgi/product_view.cgi?products_id=005882
For info I was wondering what kind of footprint it had, how much it weighed, how sturdy it was. Every site has pretty mucht he same description. I already have an eight foot Smith-Victor stand, but the number of adapters I have to use is a little frustrating. I'd like to be able to run comfortably at 10-12 feet if I need to plus just screw on a vert bar without going through an adapter. I wouldn't be buying through Sweetwater, I just linked there to give an idea of what the information on the thing is like. I would be getting it for $120 used. Since there aren't many user reviews of it online, I was curious if many people on here had tried it and what they think of it. Guysonic's history with it is a little worrying. Would anyone else like to comment on it?
Mics: DSP mod Oktava MK012s, CAD E100S (2), Studio Projects C4s, SP-CMC-2, Polsen OLM-20
Preamps/BB: Sound Devices MixPre, SP-SPSB-1
Recorders: Tascam DR-680, Tascam DR‑05
Video: Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4

Team SoCal

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.069 seconds with 25 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com