Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: video cameras with audio-in?  (Read 2227 times)

Offline KLowe

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • CrossFit....check you ego at the door
video cameras with audio-in?
« on: November 05, 2006, 11:26:36 AM »
hello,
Need to buy a new video camera for the new baby on the way.  I would like to buy a camera that has "audio in" feature so the camera can double for video tabing shows?

Any suggestions for cameras?

I actually work for a living with music, instead of you jerk offs who wish they did.

bwaaaahahahahahaha.... that is awesome!

Offline coloartist

• Trade Count: (13)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • MGoldey -"you can shove those mics up your ass
Re: video cameras with audio-in?
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2006, 12:21:08 PM »
I know some Panasonics have an xlr adaptor. My DVC-30 has one, and I know the GS-500 has an optional xlr adaptor.
mk4>Kwon/din a/din>kc5>cmc6>kindkables XLR>788T
mk22>Kwon/NOS>kc5>cmc6>kindkablesXLR>788t                                                     
Canon XH-A1 Sony AX100                       
Samsung Backlit LED 55">Pioneer Elite SC-27>Snell Acoustics E.5  Series

Offline EkoostikMace

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
  • Holy Crap! Now that's a dragon!
Re: video cameras with audio-in?
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2006, 03:13:52 PM »
It's been a month so you may have already moved on this. If not...

All you really need to find is any camera that meets your other requirements AND has a mic input. A lot of Panosonic cameras at all of their price points have mic inputs but with other vedors it's hit or miss and usually when a mic input is available it's on their mid to higher end cameras.

Once you pick a camera that suits your needs there are a variety of way to get the audio into that 1/8" jack (assuming you're not getting a pro or prosumer cam with XLR inputs built in). Beachtek has several options.

If you are used to the control that being an audio taper allows you then you will want to make sure that your camera has a headphone jack (that isn't shared with the mic input) and manual level controls for the mic input - preferably reachable with actual buttons or dials rather than via menus.

But in all honesty... if you're filming bands that already have a good taper community, you'd be better off partering up with a few of them and working out a deal where once you map their audio to your video you float them a DVD. If they know what they're doing then you can concentrate on the video portion and just line up their audio in post.

Good luck and congrats on the baby.

-K
See Trogdor's birth HERE -:|:- Play the Trogdor game HERE

Offline kuuan

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
Everything you do through out the day, every thought and every feeling leaves an impression stored inside you.
These impressions create tendencies, their sum total is your character.
gear: SP-CMC8+AT853 cards+omnis, AT822>DIY preamp>iRiverH120rockboxed

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.056 seconds with 28 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com