Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Panasonic PV-GS36 - ....  (Read 2018 times)

Offline truecolors

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
Panasonic PV-GS36 - ....
« on: November 14, 2006, 09:09:21 PM »
Question  -  would you buy a Panasonic PV-GS36 for around $200?   It is a discontinued model, but anyone think this is a bargain? ???   

I don't know how this model would compare to the current, new models.  I am not that fancy on needs, and don't really want anything too complicated.  But I want quality, and something that would record well from distances and in low light.

What do ya think?

Offline BayTaynt3d

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • Live from San Francisco
    • BayTaper.com
Re: Panasonic PV-GS36 - ....
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2006, 12:46:52 PM »
Can't really go wrong with a 3-chip cam for $200 can you? (It is 3 CCD isn't it?)

Don't expect miracles, but for $200, why not?
BayTaper.com | One Man’s Multimedia Journey Through the San Francisco Jazz & Creative Music Scene

Offline truecolors

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2006, 09:37:42 AM »
BayTaynt3d , 

thanks for your reply.     I was able to get one last nt (GS36)  from Ebay (open box item w/minor damage) for a great price of around $125 including shipping.   It was from one of those hugh distributors w/good rep and is covered under the Ebay buyers protection plan, so feel pretty confident it was a safe buy.     

This one is a 1 CCD, vs the GS180 @ 3CCD.      I was looking for Sony, but when I went to Panasonic website and saw their info on what a diff the CCD makes, I was sold.    The curr $ for the 180/300/400/500 models are a bit steep for me right now.  (hope I don't regret biting the bullet later, however).   

There was one Panasonic GS180 I was initially bidding on last nt, but my gut feeling was that something was a bit rotten there; individual seller with no - as in zero- track record, selling the camera/battery/strap only.   It did sell at a great price, but I didn't want to take the change of losing all my money and getting no merchandise.     

Now that I have bought, I can stop checking these things out, which is a real relief.  It was beginning to become an obsession!

Again, thanks for your input on this.

Offline BayTaynt3d

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • Live from San Francisco
    • BayTaper.com
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2006, 10:52:56 AM »
$125 for a relatively new model working MiniDV cam seems like a good deal to me. :)
BayTaper.com | One Man’s Multimedia Journey Through the San Francisco Jazz & Creative Music Scene

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.047 seconds with 29 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com