Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Marantz Oade Mods Correction  (Read 1761 times)

Offline Sam Lord

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
Marantz Oade Mods Correction
« on: December 19, 2006, 01:54:01 PM »
Hi folks, was just talking to Doug Oade about the PMD660 and PMD671, and pointed out a confusing sentence (a cut-and-paste error, he said) on the PMD671 updates page of the Oade site.  Basically the AM for both models is the choice for non-amplified music and quieter sources, but will seldom overload at say, front row of orchestra.  The ACM has a lower gain range (the stated gain numbers *are* correct, referenced to 0dBu) to avoid overloading, though that can still happen, with very high SPLs.  The quality of each mod (AC and ACM) is about the same, just optimised for different sources.  This was very helpful, as now I understand that the AC will give me better S/N for my particular uses.  He will fix the site soon, not sure when.  Just for reference, Doug also confirmed that either Advanced or Advanced Concert Mod on the 660 will yield better sonics than the Basic Mod on the 671. Great guy!  Happy holidays to all.

Offline smokydays

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Taperssection Member
  • I Hunger
Re: Marantz Oade Mods Correction
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2006, 02:52:24 PM »
Hey that is kind of what i was wondering in this thread about the HD-P2 super mod.

http://taperssection.com/index.php?topic=76851.0

I wonder if it would be suitable for concert recording as well?  I guess I just need to call Doug.  :)
Still Missing Woody...

"Time to discover, what's really really really right.  Instead of what makes us feel strong."
-- About To Rage, Gov't Mule

Offline Jammin72

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Member
Re: Marantz Oade Mods Correction
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2006, 08:28:53 PM »
Hey that is kind of what i was wondering in this thread about the HD-P2 super mod.

http://taperssection.com/index.php?topic=76851.0

I wonder if it would be suitable for concert recording as well?  I guess I just need to call Doug.  :)

Super mods are intended for things such as nature recording.  The Gain stage is all wrong for Recording PA Systems.
Yes, but what do you HEAR?

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.054 seconds with 29 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com