Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: How to clamp my camera onto my mic stand?  (Read 2398 times)

Offline Corbin

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Member
How to clamp my camera onto my mic stand?
« on: December 26, 2006, 11:09:51 AM »
A lot of the bands that I plan on taping are video friendly as well.  And I just got a new digital camera that has video capabilities..So, I was hoping to video maybe a song or two per night when I go out taping.  Instead of holding my camera up in the air for 5 - 10 minutes straight and getting a very shaky video, I want to clamp my camera onto my micstand, zoom in a bit, and just let it record.  But I'm having difficulties in finding the right clamp for my purposes.  I know micsupply.com used to sell camera or camcorder clamps but I can't find them on their website anymore.  I called B&H and they recommended this but I'm doubtful it would work..

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=Search&A=details&Q=&sku=137237&is=REG&addedTroughType=search

So does anyone clamp their point & shoot camera to their micstand?  Or can anyone recommend any hardware that would allow me to do this?  Thanks in advance..And I finally got 50 posts so I'll actually be able to throw some +T's around for the help...

Offline kuuan

• Taperssection Regular
Re: How to clamp my camera onto my mic stand?
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2006, 01:05:04 PM »
How about a rail with threads to hold two mics and a thread adapter for the cam? ( in case you want mount both your mics and the camera )
If I am not mistaken the mic stands thread will be 5/8", the cams thread 1/4", find the correct adapter here: http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=NavBar&A=search&Q=&ci=8671
« Last Edit: December 26, 2006, 01:27:12 PM by kuuan »
Everything you do through out the day, every thought and every feeling leaves an impression stored inside you.
These impressions create tendencies, their sum total is your character.
gear: SP-CMC8+AT853 cards+omnis, AT822>DIY preamp>iRiverH120rockboxed

Offline flipp

• resident curmudgeon
  • Trade Count: (17)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2006, 01:20:24 PM »
I've used something very similar to the K&M side bar mic clamp on the stand accessories page at micsupply.com.  Only thing I don't like about it is it needed a modification to fit on my light stand as the stand's shaft was too big for the clamp and I had to "massage" the opening abit to get it to fit. Other than that  it has worked well (with the proper thread adapter) for mounting both still and video cameras.

Offline Corbin

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2006, 12:34:59 PM »
Thanks for the suggestions.  I think I'm just gonna pick up the K&M side bar mic clamp at micsupply.com and the appropriate thread adaptors.  It should work just fine. 

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.051 seconds with 28 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com