Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Adding chapter tracks to quicktime...  (Read 2334 times)

Offline Kevin

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection All-Star
    • Company Website (Learn to play by ear or by I.)
Adding chapter tracks to quicktime...
« on: October 18, 2007, 03:04:06 PM »
I am having trouble adding chapter tracks inside quicktime if anyone can help me out.  I exported a .txt, opened it up in quicktime, exported with descriptors.  Then opened up the text and added the timecode under each title and put the duration timecode in the last spot where no title exists.  When i try to import into quicktime it tells me "The movie contains an incorrect duration"  I double checked everything and still get the same message.  One time I put timecode except for # of frames and then deleted the last descriptor that had no title and it worked but it went to the wrong part in the video (obviously it was frames off).  I tried adding the right frames and got that message about the duration.  Can anyone help out?
481(3)>722

Offline Kevin

• Taperssection All-Star
Re: Adding chapter tracks to quicktime...
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2007, 03:16:54 PM »
Ok I figured that out.  It was because everything was not in order.  Now the problem I have is that the menu shows the intro and verse as one line when I have it on seperate lines in my .txt file.  It shows outro twice when I only have it in there one time.  Anyone know why its combining two lines when seperated in the descriptor text as well as duplicating these?
481(3)>722

Offline Kevin

• Taperssection All-Star
Re: Adding chapter tracks to quicktime...
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2007, 03:26:17 PM »
Ok, I am just going to do it in FCP by putting all segments on 1 timeline and drop a marker, pressing m twice, naming it and telling it to add chapter marker then during export make sure to click on include chapter markers, then drag into quicktime and a drop down menu with chapters is there  ;D sorry guys sometimes I just need to talk myself through things...maybe someone else will benefit from this ;)
481(3)>722

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.053 seconds with 30 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com