Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Schoeps Mid-Side  (Read 25186 times)

Offline carlbeck

• Trade Count: (14)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: Schoeps Mid-Side
« Reply #90 on: April 11, 2008, 09:47:48 AM »
I am trying to buy a pair of CK 1X & CK 2X's so I can run my C34 in the center with either the cards or omni's on the outside. My Aeta Mix2000 allows me to take four inputs & mix them any way I like including double MS, the only downfall is the Aeta will only output in two channels unless I make the 9 pin cable & run a four track recorder. My thought is that I could mix everything on the fly with some in ear monitors & get good results, for now I am staying with a two track recorder.

The manual for the Aeta shows a few different MS arrangements as well as some three channel arrangements. Check out the manual, obviously this was or is prominent in the film industry.

DSatz, I would really be interested in your opinion of the examples listed in the manual if you get time to read through it.

http://www.aetausa.com/Media/PDF/mix2000_manual.pdf
I know you like, tape for people's approval and stuff, and wave your tapes around like they're your dick...  but even you can't actually think section tapes from philips sound good.  

Mics: Telefunken Elam 260, 61, 62, MBHO KA200, KA500 > Niant PFA's, AKG C34L-MS
Preamps: Grace Lunatec V2, Shure FP24
Decks: Tascam DR-2d, Zoom F8

Old rig: Recording: AKG C34 & AKG CK1X or CK2X > MK46 > 460 > Aeta Mix2000 > Sound Devices 702

Playback: Thorens TD125, Denon DVD-2900> Bel Canto DAC-1 > Audible Illusions 3B > Rogue Atlas >ZU Wax Shotgun> Hyperion 938
ALL TUBES BABY!!!

Offline Nick's Picks

• Trade Count: (33)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • I thought I heard.......
Re: Schoeps Mid-Side
« Reply #91 on: April 11, 2008, 02:57:45 PM »
sounds fun....., but we both know that you will not yeild results superior to just the c34 or a pair of ckXXx's setup in any stereo config.

:P

but.., nothing ventured.  nothing gained.  someone used to say that.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.039 seconds with 25 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com