Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: diy mini-mic setup  (Read 10409 times)

Offline Tim

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: diy mini-mic setup
« Reply #30 on: April 27, 2005, 05:49:59 PM »
just went and got a simple butterfly style mic clip, the butterfly end grabs the disc firmly and the other end is a standard mic mount...

I'm going to touch up the blackfelt and when my mics arrive I am going to determine exactly how I want to attach my mics but this was a *very* easy project that probably cost me $20 in parts, all of which were easy to find.

the disc is 8" and just over 1" thick...
I’ve had a few weird experiences and a few close brushes with total weirdness of one sort or another, but nothing that’s really freaked me out or made me feel too awful about it. - Jerry Garcia

Offline Tim

« Reply #31 on: April 27, 2005, 06:15:45 PM »
some pics... it's not real pretty just yet but I'm going to take some of the extra felt and clean it up a bit

I’ve had a few weird experiences and a few close brushes with total weirdness of one sort or another, but nothing that’s really freaked me out or made me feel too awful about it. - Jerry Garcia

Offline Brian

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #32 on: April 27, 2005, 06:16:57 PM »
dude....you are SO back! 8)

Offline Tim

« Reply #33 on: April 27, 2005, 06:27:20 PM »
hopefully my rig is here in time to give it a test run on friday.... I guess I'm going to take it louisville with me for panic too :)

Offline Brian

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #34 on: April 27, 2005, 06:33:24 PM »
and would you look at that......taping panic for the first show back.  nice! too bad you can't make it to St. Louis. It's going to be a hell of a time.

but yeah the derby......that's sweet too :)

Offline boa

• Trade Count: (6)
  • Taperssection Member
  • crowesbase loves you
    • crowesbase:an.amorican.archive
Re: diy mini-mic setup v2
« Reply #35 on: April 27, 2005, 10:10:00 PM »
This is the 4061 jdisc with a few mods to it. I removed the rubber feet to secure the mic cables to the center of the disc. To replace them, I drilled a 5/16" hole in the center and then cut a piece of #2 Ticonderoga pencil about 1 1/2" long and centered and glued it into the hole of the jdisc. Then to attach the mics, I took a couple of external rubber pencil erasers and cut a slot into them slightly smaller than the cable diameter. I routed the mics and used electricians tape to secure the cables and then added windscreens. I think I will need to add a piece of tape to get a more 180 degree setup but I believe this is an improvement.
Microtech Gefell m22 >  Babynbox > Sony m10acm
Microtech Gefell mv200/m21 > Aerco mp2 > Roland r44ocm

Offline boa

• Trade Count: (6)
  • Taperssection Member
  • crowesbase loves you
    • crowesbase:an.amorican.archive
Re: diy mini-mic setup v2
« Reply #36 on: April 27, 2005, 10:18:06 PM »
I also made a longer spaced omni bar with longer antennae I got at the local Cracker Barrel. They had magnets on the end that I snipped, and then secured each to a small metal bracket. Then I screwed the brackets together, and placed them into the slot of a generic mic clip.  The antennae are snug onto the metal brackets but removable; I might decide to just glue them on permanent. I took some electrical tape and placed it over the ends of the antennae and then used the basic DPA mic clip to attach to the taped end. Added a windscreen and I think its good to go - It will be fun to test it out this friday.
Microtech Gefell m22 >  Babynbox > Sony m10acm
Microtech Gefell mv200/m21 > Aerco mp2 > Roland r44ocm

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.073 seconds with 32 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com