Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Audio reality mikes  (Read 3325 times)

Offline Zeppelinmad

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
Audio reality mikes
« on: April 26, 2013, 10:01:15 AM »
Hi guys,

I'm new here and would appreciate a little advice from anyone with knowledge on battery box set up.

I have a Sony PCM m10b, audio reality mikes and battery box set up and am very happy with the results I get - most of my stuff ends up on dime and general I get good feedback. 

My problem is with the size of the battery box I have. It's really a pain. It's got a metal case and is uncomfortable when stashed and I  think over engineered. I want a smaller box, 2 jack inputs ( mikes in and recorder out). Can I make my own ( if so how does the connections work ) or even better can I buy one that is almost the same size as a 9v battery ? Any ell appreciated regards Andy ( brother ruprecht)

Marshall7

Re: Audio reality mikes
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2013, 03:47:44 PM »
If you want one "that is almost the same size as a 9v battery" look into the CA-Ugly from Chris Church

Offline bombdiggity

• Trade Count: (11)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2013, 05:21:26 PM »
^ If you want one fast get one of the ones available from Sound Professionals.  Mini in/mini out.  SPBB-xx 
Gear:
Audio:
Schoeps MK4V
Nak CM-100/CM-300 w/ CP-1's or CP-4's
SP-CMC-25
>
Oade C mod R-44  OR
Tinybox > Sony PCM-M10 (formerly Roland R-05) 
Video: Varied, with various outboard mics depending on the situation

Offline Zeppelinmad

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2013, 10:43:21 AM »
Thanks for those options - are they any comparability issues likely with the mikes or are all 9v systems basically the same?

Offline bombdiggity

• Needs to get out more...
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2013, 12:37:10 PM »
Any battery box with the right connections to whatever you're plugging it into should work.  Mini mics that run plug in power require very little current (except maybe DPA's? which should run on phantom for best results). 

Audio Reality says theirs will run on plug-in power so anything should work fine. 

You may want to compare measurements.  The picture of the audio reality battery box doesn't make it look that huge... 

Gear:
Audio:
Schoeps MK4V
Nak CM-100/CM-300 w/ CP-1's or CP-4's
SP-CMC-25
>
Oade C mod R-44  OR
Tinybox > Sony PCM-M10 (formerly Roland R-05) 
Video: Varied, with various outboard mics depending on the situation

Offline LikeASong

• Taperssection Member
    • U2start.com
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2013, 04:06:27 AM »
Hello Andy. As Marshall suggested, when it comes to ridiculously small battery boxes, the Church Audio Ugly BBox is virtually unbeatable:

(pic courtesy of Adrianf)

It's basically as small as it can get, and it uses standard 9V battery. I purchased a SoundProfessional BBox a couple of months ago, only to be surprised (and pissed) that it uses A29/A32 9V batteries, which are rare and hard to come by.
The worst things in the world are justified by belief.
-U2

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music.
-Aldous Huxley

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.097 seconds with 35 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com