Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: anyone using minime>fw410 @ 24/96?  (Read 1542 times)

Offline phatdats

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Taperssection Regular
    • phatdats.com
anyone using minime>fw410 @ 24/96?
« on: July 06, 2004, 01:55:22 AM »
I am having a hell of a time getting this to work in 2kpro.... no matter what i do, i am getting little pops every 10 seconds or so (not consistantly 10 sec, like some OS service or something) just randomly.... then i ran accross this on the maudio website:

Clicks in the audio if an external device is connected to the S/PDIF input

Q: Why do I have intermittent clicks in my audio when the Firewire 410 has a digital signal cable connected to the coaxial or optical input?

A: M-Audio is currently investigating a reported issue of a possible incompatibility with the Firewire 410 receiving incoming digital clock signal from an external digital audio device while running the internal audio on internal sync clock instead of using the external clock source.

M-Audio is planning to resolve this issue with a future update to the driver.
Please check back to this web page for updates regarding this issue.

so my question is: has anyone gotten this to work with a minime and win2k @24/96?

I am pretty sure it's not my windows install, I have been taping with a vxpocket flawlessly now for over a year.....
mg300>v2>minime>r4

steve@phatdats.com
www.phatdats.com

Offline caymanreview

• Trade Count: (22)
  • Needs to get out more...
    • shows ive taped  that are in circulation
Re: anyone using minime>fw410 @ 24/96?
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2004, 02:00:50 AM »
thats really wierd. but i think everyone here that is running external pre/ad's is running the m-audio audiophile to do 214bit input

Offline John Kelly

• Been a while...
  • Trade Count: (1)
    • The Jokell
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2004, 01:22:19 PM »
That bug looks like it's only when you're resampling the digital input.  Are you sure you have it set to lock on to the external clock?
Sennheiser MKH8040st > SD 702
XBL/PSN/Steam ID: thejokell

Offline creekfreak

• Retired from taping
  • Trade Count: (1)
  • My Son's School Bus
    • Rochester Groove
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2004, 08:52:12 PM »
I am using the firewire audiophile...different beast I know, but I have had no issues in several hours of 24/96 recording testing...no drop outs, no clicks......latency setting possibly?
It is company policy never to imply ownership in the event of a dildo - We have to use the indefinite article; "A" dildo, never: "YOUR" dildo.
In Tyler we Trust

And isn't sanity really just a one-trick pony anyway? I mean all you get is one trick, rational thinking, but when you're good and crazy, ooh ooh ooh, the sky is the limit!

My Current Rig:2004 Subaru WRX STI, Stage 3, 360hp, 380lb-ft

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.181 seconds with 28 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com