Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: wavelab 6 - rendering 5.1 files from montage  (Read 2359 times)

Offline Big Muff

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Taperssection Member
  • James Marshall Hendrix 1942 - 1970
wavelab 6 - rendering 5.1 files from montage
« on: March 12, 2017, 02:43:00 PM »

I've got a matrix of jgb 11.9.91 done I'd like to turn into a 5.1 mix

So my question is-  I've got the 5.1 done from the original montage, only when I render the files I get 3 separate tracks,  (C, Lf-Rf, and Ls-Rs)
Can't seem to figure out how to render the montage as 1 single 5.1 file... reading the instructions recommend using "Windows Media Audio 9 Professional encoder" when rendering a single file.. wtf, really?

Any other ideas?
Live rig: DPA 4021 > V3 > iHP-120

Vinyl rig: Music hall 5.1 w/acrylic platter > Ortofon Quintet Black > Pro-Ject Tube-Box II > V3 > UA-5

Offline Gordon

• Trade Count: (22)
  • Needs to get out more...
    • my list
Re: wavelab 6 - rendering 5.1 files from montage
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2017, 05:12:55 PM »
I wasn't aware wavelab could even do that.  I thought you needed Cubase for that?
Microtech Gefell M20 or M21 > Nbob actives > Naiant PFA > Sound Devices MixPre-6 II @ 32/48

https://archive.org/details/fav-gordonlw

https://archive.org/details/teamdirtysouth

Offline Big Muff

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Taperssection Member
  • James Marshall Hendrix 1942 - 1970
Re: wavelab 6 - rendering 5.1 files from montage
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2017, 03:16:47 PM »
During the snowstorm I tinkered with it for a little bit and found the solutions that work for the software I'm using. (wavelab 6 & soundforge 9)
since the stereo matrix was already done in a wavelab montage some time ago this project was really a matter of learning the software.
I managed to get out 6 channel wav's (LfRf, C, LFE, LsRs) out of a new montage, with each track assigned/mixed to the proper channels no problem,  even a LFE track :)
The finished files ended up around 275mb each, So I'm looking into multichannel flac encoding next.

The Link below is just the first set, I'd like to know what you think. My stereo isn't your typical 5.1.. everything about it is very manual, like I have to adjust the volume of 3 separate sources for every album I listen to. 
I had everything set to where it usually is for a good 5.1 mix during editing, but the mix is going sound a bit different to you no matter what. Still, I would love some feedback on it.
You can play it through vlc with no problem. foobar may need the dts plugin, I'm not sure.

So here's how each track breaks down:

LfRf - original stereo matrix with aud source boosted +2dB
C - original stereo matrix with both channels panned center (mono) with aud source boosted +5dB, then cut entirely by 6dB
LFE - same as center channel with low pass filter at 120Hz
LsRs - audience source with +2dB boost

If anyone wants tips on how to go 5.1 into a single wav file using wavelab/soundforge, I got you.
Cheers!

https://www.filefactory.com/folder/233ea654d927437e
« Last Edit: March 20, 2017, 03:56:44 PM by Big Muff »
Live rig: DPA 4021 > V3 > iHP-120

Vinyl rig: Music hall 5.1 w/acrylic platter > Ortofon Quintet Black > Pro-Ject Tube-Box II > V3 > UA-5

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.044 seconds with 27 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com