Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: soundcard for DAT transfer advice needed  (Read 8407 times)

Offline red

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Regular
Re: soundcard for DAT transfer advice needed
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2017, 08:30:54 PM »
I have an audiophile 2496 collecting dust.  you pay shipping and it's yours.  I haven't transferred with it in years but did use it for digital playback till about a year ago and it worked great.

Thanks!

Offline H₂O

• Trade Count: (28)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2017, 09:25:33 PM »
Unfortunately the Microtrack does not do 32Khz (correct me if I am wrong)

The only cheap recorders with digital input that support 32Khz (that I could find) where the Creative Labs JB3 and iRiver H120 rockboxed.

The Sound Devices 7xx series will sync and record at 32Khz (according to SD documentation) but these are still pretty expensive at $750+

My JB3 bit the dust due to battery corrosion (the internal clock battery) so I am moving to a VXPocket V2 + a Windows XP laptop for this purpose.

Music can at the least least explain you and at the most expand you
LMA Recordings

List

Offline larrysellers

• Trade Count: (35)
  • Qualified
« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2017, 03:30:31 AM »
The MT 2496 will do a 32k dat but you have to trick it. Feed the MT a 44.1 or 48k digital signal to start the recording. Once the MT sees the signal and starts recording, start playing your 32k dat. Import the resulting file as raw data at 16 bit / 32k and resample to whatever you desire.

Offline morst

• I think I found an error on the internet; #UnionStrong
  • Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2017, 01:33:27 PM »
So many classy douchebag "tapers" on this site.  I'm not going to get into your passive aggressive internet behavior, but I'll tell you this... your comments and attitude have been noted.  Some of you really should learn about reaping what you sow.

Seriously, I thought you left? Is this Lash-out part two, or Flame-out part one?

LoveBuzz81 (Dillon Fries) has a long history here on TS.  While he's made some positive contributions, he also has a long-running habit of lashing and flaming out, deleting his account, and then re-registering.  As such, it's difficult for TSers not 'in the know' to keep track of his posting history and consistent, repetitive, bad behavior.  For a sampling, reference his starting post in this thread:

http://taperssection.com/index.php?topic=178667.0

This is but a mild sampling of the way he responds when things don't go perfectly his way or others disagree with him.  All buyers and sellers should be aware of significant risks involved in Yard Sale transactions with this TS member.

If you wish to further review his contributions to TS, both positive and negative, you also may search his TS history under the following usernames:
  • smokenburn
  • dillon
  • slushie
  • slushpuppy
  • fraggle
  • chimneytop
I'm sure there are others, but it's a little hard to keep track of them all.

https://toad.social/@morst spoutible.com/morst post.news/@acffhmorst

Offline H₂O

• Trade Count: (28)
« Reply #19 on: March 29, 2017, 02:06:43 PM »
The MT 2496 will do a 32k dat but you have to trick it. Feed the MT a 44.1 or 48k digital signal to start the recording. Once the MT sees the signal and starts recording, start playing your 32k dat. Import the resulting file as raw data at 16 bit / 32k and resample to whatever you desire.

Are you saying you fix the header in the resulting WAV file?  Is the MT re-syncing to the 32Khz clock?

Would this approach work with other recorders?
Music can at the least least explain you and at the most expand you
LMA Recordings

List

Offline larrysellers

• Qualified
« Reply #20 on: March 29, 2017, 02:27:55 PM »
Yes, you need to adjust the header because the resulting file straight from the microtrack will play too fast (32k at 44.1k), much like a 33rpm record at 45rpm. The only other recorder I have found this approach to work with is the Fostex FR2. 
« Last Edit: March 29, 2017, 02:31:41 PM by larrysellers »

Offline Idle Wind

• Wishes He Could Get Out More..
  • Trade Count: (16)
  • Taperssection Member
  • YEEEWRAAAUGHHH... OOOOHHH..YEAAAHH
« Reply #21 on: April 05, 2017, 02:48:39 PM »
I'm in the same boat.   I have an MAudio 2496, but can't seem to get it working on Windows 10.  It worked in 7 and 8 (I think) on the same computer, can't get it to work in 10 though.

I hadn't thought of those Microtracks.  They are bit perfect, but have been known to catch fire occasionally....... :D

I was looking at this, it has SPDIF Coax In, looks pretty good, not sure about the chipset and resampling.....

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0183ELUTY/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_S_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=1ASOER90INDO1&coliid=I30W1O46PBYJ8Y

Schoeps mk4, mk22, nbob actives
AKG 460 ck63 /ck8 nbob actives
AT853RX  - O/SC/C/H
PCM-M10 / DR-70D (N-Mod) / PMD 670 (Oade Mod) / Roland R07 / FR2-LE (Oade mod)
Platinum N-Box, Baby N-Box, SD MP-2, Naiant PFAs

Offline larrysellers

• Qualified
« Reply #22 on: April 05, 2017, 02:50:52 PM »
You can take the battery out and it works fine ---> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-srxb3Y_dc

Offline Gordon

• Trade Count: (22)
    • my list
« Reply #23 on: April 05, 2017, 02:53:06 PM »
I have an MAudio 2496, but can't seem to get it working on Windows 10.  It worked in 7 and 8 (I think) on the same computer, can't get it to work in 10 though.

Mine worked in Windows 10 although I never used it for transfers.  It worked fine for digital playback.
Microtech Gefell M20 or M21 > Nbob actives > Naiant PFA > Sound Devices MixPre-6 II @ 32/48

https://archive.org/details/fav-gordonlw

https://archive.org/details/teamdirtysouth

Offline Scooter123

• "I am not an alcoholic. I am a drunk. Drunks don't go to meetings."
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #24 on: May 10, 2017, 08:06:12 PM »
Any decent focusright will have a spdif input--that assumes your DAT also has a spdif input. 
Regards,
Scooter123

mk41 > N Box  > Sony M-10
mk4 > N Box > Sony M-10

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.058 seconds with 35 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com