Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Are there any new/recent free audio streaming software tools/sites out there?  (Read 3641 times)

Offline billydee

• Trade Count: (19)
  • Taperssection All-Star
I've used the free Ustream service the last few years to stream audio from a couple small festivals in the summer. It works ok and people say the audio sounds good, except of course when a commercial rudely interrupts the livestream. I'm not inclined to pay for the next level of service with it or Mixlr and am wondering what else might be available now.
Thanks for any thoughts/advice.

Offline rippleish20

• Trade Count: (24)
  • Taperssection All-Star

I've been streaming for the past four years. I used ustream a couple of times but am not fond of it. I prefer straight forward streaming audio only and ustream is more geared towards video streaming. I much prefer mixlr but now that they are not going to have free basic plan this is going to make it hard for people who only stream occasionally. There are alternative I have not explored like livestream but I am not sure any of them are free any more. The main thing I can suggest is FB live or Periscope. I also know some people are planning on pooling money for one mixlr account they can share. I have no idea whether mixlr will care but this might be a path forward...
AKG C480B (ck61, ck63, ck8) /  Neumann KM100 (AK40, AK50) / AT853s  (cardiod, omni) / CA-14 (cardiod) / CA-11 (Omni) / Mixpre-10t / Mixpre-6 / Roland R-07 / Zoom F-3
paypal: rippleish20@gmail.com

Offline billydee

• Trade Count: (19)
  • Taperssection All-Star

I've been streaming for the past four years. I used ustream a couple of times but am not fond of it. I prefer straight forward streaming audio only and ustream is more geared towards video streaming. I much prefer mixlr but now that they are not going to have free basic plan this is going to make it hard for people who only stream occasionally. There are alternative I have not explored like livestream but I am not sure any of them are free any more. The main thing I can suggest is FB live or Periscope. I also know some people are planning on pooling money for one mixlr account they can share. I have no idea whether mixlr will care but this might be a path forward...
Thanks for sharing your thoughts on this.
It appears that the free Ustream service may no longer be available either. Although maybe they'll let me continue since I've kept the account active a few years. The Facebook Live Audio streaming service seems to be new but I have no idea if the qualty is any good or if there's a limit on hours per day broadcasted. Ustream has never had that limit, so far anyway.

Offline rippleish20

• Trade Count: (24)
  • Taperssection All-Star
FB live is pretty good and is free no matter how much you use it (ignoring that you have to see ads, your information can be used by FB etc so there is a cost to using FB overall). But it is also geared towards video. Streaming whole concerts can use a lot of bandwidth, drain batteries, etc.
AKG C480B (ck61, ck63, ck8) /  Neumann KM100 (AK40, AK50) / AT853s  (cardiod, omni) / CA-14 (cardiod) / CA-11 (Omni) / Mixpre-10t / Mixpre-6 / Roland R-07 / Zoom F-3
paypal: rippleish20@gmail.com

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.034 seconds with 28 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com