Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Editing clapping/popping in Adobe Audition CC  (Read 2758 times)

Offline rockymtnryan

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Taperssection Member
Editing clapping/popping in Adobe Audition CC
« on: August 06, 2017, 01:30:27 PM »
Does anyone have some easy suggestions for removing some clapping from a recording in Adobe Audition CC? The "Auto Heal" feature doesn't seem to be a good option since it adds some strange anomalies to the waveform. I watched a video from Adobe on how to scrub out sounds from the recording using the spectral frequency display but it didn't seem to work either, as it basically removed all audio or really muffled the sound of those sections.

There's a few sections, just on the left channel, that I'd like to trim back so when I normalize everything is more even. Right now the claps hit 0db and the music is a little lower. I could use trim gain back over the clap sections but that doesn't seem to be ideal.

Thought about copying the right channel over to the left as I've done that in Wavelab before, but not sure what the process is in Audition CC for that.

AKG CK61-ULS > Nbob actives > Naiant PFA > Sound Devices MixPre-6 II
AKG CK63-ULS > Nbob actives > Naiant PFA > Sound Devices MixPre-6 II

Offline rockymtnryan

• Taperssection Member
Re: Editing clapping/popping in Adobe Audition CC
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2017, 05:17:22 PM »
I went back at this again using the Auto Heal feature but isolated only the left channel, and zoomed in to only process the individual claps. Took a long time to heal each one but the results were great.

Offline Sloan Simpson

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Needs to get out more...
    • Southern Shelter
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2017, 05:19:18 PM »
I would just use a limiter; I assume there's one in Audition but don't use it.

Offline rockymtnryan

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2017, 05:30:13 PM »
Might try that next time. Now my problem is that I have 21 tracks marked in my file and can't seem to export as separate files. Frustrating.

Offline LiveWire

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Taperssection Regular
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2017, 03:56:48 PM »
Regarding exporting tracks to flac...Edtyre made a great post a couple of years ago about using Audition to do just that a while back which I learned everything from.
Perhaps if you PM Ed he might be kind enough to re-post his workflow and screenshots if he still has them.
Schoeps mk4>nBob Actives>Naiant Tinybox v2.5 w/ output transformers>Darktrain 3.5 cable>Sony M10
AKG ck63 > nBob Actives > Naiant TinyBox v2.5 > Darktrain 3.5 cable > Edirol R09-HR
AT853 (o,c,h) > (4.7kmod) > CA Ugly 2 > Edirol R09-HR

Offline Mr.Fantasy

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Taperssection Member
  • Jesus saves...
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2017, 11:59:42 AM »
Regarding exporting tracks to flac...Edtyre made a great post a couple of years ago about using Audition to do just that a while back which I learned everything from.
Perhaps if you PM Ed he might be kind enough to re-post his workflow and screenshots if he still has them.

I think you are referencing this: http://taperssection.com/index.php?topic=171002.msg2120112#msg2120112
"I read somewhere that 77 percent of all the mentally ill live in poverty. Actually, I'm more intrigued by the 23 percent who are apparently doing quite well for themselves" ---Jerry Garcia

Mics: Modified Nak 300's, Line Audio CM4
P48/Pres: PS2
Decks: Edirol R-09

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.061 seconds with 31 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com